• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

First 1000km Review

zeenie

Hi wywong

Ordered it at Tye Soon Waterloo shop $130+

I think bro wzz also shared this tray in his mod thread

Cheers

i see that there is also a shop at jurong, will probably drop by to enquire on red air vents :D

3C Toh Guan Road East,

Tye Soon Building

Singapore 608832

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Racechip installed 2 months back cos I wasn't used to the slow pickup. The first thing I noticed was that the gears hold longer.  I drive about 60% - 70% on highways and the rest urban.  Just checked my FC today. 9.5l/100km with average speed 26km/h.

Racechip is set conservatively as I don't know if there'll be any problems if I tune it too aggressively.  Even with this conservative settings, it's a much better drive.  So far no issues.

any fuel savings?

event.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Trawling through my profile, i found this old post, and how time flies because we are now past the 3 year mark and more than 50,000km! Overall i'm happy with the car although my two cents:

In terms of updates/defects:

• check your seat belt dispenser, it may rub against the upholstery on the B pillar if it does not have the seat belt guard (found only on newer cars). If not, silicon/plastic door sills or edge protectors from Autobacs can also solve the issue. 
  • check your engine mounting before warranty is up, somehow the engine mounts (there are 3 of them) seem to disintegrate rather quickly in some cases. 
  • i noticed that there was always a pool of water under the car, either from air con or coolant, and in my case it was coolant leak, so that was fixed. This can be easier to spot if you are parked facing downhill on a slope. 
  • the only sign of excessive wear in the interior is the parking brake button, which has now become a solid rectangle of light instead of the outline of a P. 
  • had to change the wipers and tried the bosch aerotwin, but it seems to squeak a little more, so stock is still best. 
  • parkassist Parktronic is quite fun when you're trying to parallel park and you have people outside staring at you as your hands are in the air (because you dun care). Also useful after a long journey and you don't feel like parking. =)
  • still in love with the coupe styling (frameless windows) and the rear brake lights
  • installed blackvue starting to have "please check SD card" even tho newly bought and formatted. Rebooting it works though. 
  • changed battery a couple of times. These things don't seem to last in our electricity hungry start-stop car. If you find that your eco mode is not engaging and always on orange, that is your first sign that battery is going to go. second sign (which may not appear) is the engine taking abit longer to start in the morning. 

Things i might do differently if given the chance to do it all over again (aka semula):

• engine bay heat insulation
  • AMG line
  • night package

All aesthetics and comfort changes. =)

• Like 1

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

3 hours ago, zeenie said:

• changed battery a couple of times. These things don't seem to last in our electricity hungry start-stop car. If you find that your eco mode is not engaging and always on orange, that is your first sign that battery is going to go. second sign (which may not appear) is the engine taking abit longer to start in the morning. 

Just to add a bit more info here about low batt...

The left wing mirror does not auto tilt back fully to memorized position after shifting from R to D....usually stops after 80% .

Park Assist will not work. The sensors will fail to pick up the markers when you position the car for parking. Warning signs will pop up on the dash screen if the batt is really low  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tanwill said:

Hi ,

Any idea on your :

Coolent temperature ? (Mine seems to be be at 95 - 100 deg C) [i have a scangauge]

Max Turbo boost pressure ? 

Sorry, no. That information is nice to have but i never got around to installing any gauges. 

stock polar silver CLA180 =)