• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CLA 180 tunning

soho

Hi bros, 

I would like to know if it is possible to tune the CLA 180 to have better BHP and torque?

I understand that CLA 180 and CLA 200 shares the same engine. So it is possible to tune it to CLA 200 spec or even better?

If so, how do I go about doing it? How much would it cost? Any recommendation?

I would also like to know if it will affect the warrenty from C&C.

Thank you!

My previous ride was a C180, 1.8CGI Coupe. I did a plug and play ECU piggyback, plus added a sprint booster. Didn't dyno the car, but butt-feel dyno definitely had gains as once my map was reflashed by C&C during a servicing, and I sent my ride back to my tuning workshop to tell them my ride felt lethargic after C&C servicing, asked the workshop to check. They reflashed the tuning map for me, and all felt good again. I also installed HID ILS with Sonic Racing as well.

Now the million dollar question is, was my warranty voided? No, my warranty was maintained by C&C as I also sent in my car for warranty repairs on some other parts, including my suspension and steering column. They didn't refuse to accept my warranty claims despite me leaving the entire ECU kit and spring booster and my HID lights installed. Now, however, I did not make any claims on engine or the lights for that matter, so I cannot answer for you if you need to claim for warranty for the lights or engine. My take is, if you need to check engine, then just remove the piggyback since it's plug and play anyway, or remove the lights if needed. So far, after using the piggyback for two years, and lights for one, I never had any issues.

I totally understand how you feel about your CLA 180, which actually has lesser horses than a C180 1.6/1.8CGI. If you ask me, I'll tune it, else I'll go crazy on the road after a while.  

C-Class Coupe (Dec 2011 to Nov 14)

CLA 45 AMG 

- Stock (Nov 14 to Jan 15)

- Renntech-Mercedes Stage 1 tune (Jan 15 to Sep 15)

- Team Rebellion Stage 1V2 + Gearbox remap tune (Sep 15 -)

what i've gathered online is that the engine is similar (compress ratio, piston size etc)

what abt the turbo? gearbox (gear ratio same but wonder if we are using same gb)? intercooler? etc..

if the only difference is just the ECU, theoretically we can push CLA180 up to 170bhp? (based on what CLA200 can be pushed).

we need experienced seniors' help >.<

dont care if u rich or poor. when u r nice to me, i'll b nice too.

@slowpoke :  yes Bro ... definitely, cos the B180 was purposely tune down so that it goes into Cat A

if u want piggyback ... can consider racechip.  I just got a set of it ... want to try ?  contact me lah

if not, u can go for the more atas chip tuning like Monster or even Brabus

@slowpoke :  yes Bro ... definitely, cos the B180 was purposely tune down so that it goes into Cat A

if u want piggyback ... can consider racechip.  I just got a set of it ... want to try ?  contact me lah

if not, u can go for the more atas chip tuning like Monster or even Brabus

Test drive your car?

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2020 at 9:58 AM, BON said:

Hi Bros,

Anyone knows if it is possible to tune a CLA180 to the same as the CLA250? Will the gearbox be affected?

cla250 is a 2.0 engine with 207 bhp vs a cla180 1.6 122 bhp.  Not very possible without massive mod and investment 

• 4 weeks later...