• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Mods for W124

Guest Vento95

Guest Vento95

I saw it before. I saw it before ;D at delphi merc forum.

unker dat time u tell me u got zhng yr mb. I saw yr ride pic, i say sweeeee.

must meet up n see in real life yr ride.......

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vento95

Hi All,

with the COE going lower each time, I am thinking of extending my COE again - cheaper than buying new. I expect the PQP COE to drop below 1K soon. I have until Oct 2010 to renew or scrap.

Am also thinking of chng to 230 engine.

Can any kind soul tell me if they have gone through with this? Cost + other parts to change + workshop ?

My 200E is a 1990 model, 8 valve

with Ez-Stab, Surbo only + 16" Rims

Cheers

Guest mr w124

actually, i'm also thinking of the 230e engine. from up north. correct me if i'm wrong, but engines like the 230 should give better mileage on the expressway right? how abt city driving?

for 230 engine, you will get better mileage on highway yes! :thumbsup:

City driving if under control driving still will be better than 200 and you won't regret! :thumbsup:

Costwise, won't say which workshop but its famous for our old school, had asked before for one member, if do 230 and gearbox overhaul together, rough gauge $10k!

230 engine not easy find in sg, up north plenty! :surrender: unless we all group buy heehee i'm sure can lower alot.. :devil:

Or Mike can help using his kangtao! Oh Mike where are you?

Guest Vento95

Hai I thought would be cheaper than that

Gearbox change is abt 1.8K (done in 2004) n if total = 10k, chng 230e engine would cost 8k.

Plus must change worn out interior parts - e.g. sunvisor, reupholster seats, car lock pump - and exteriors - bumpers, tires n repaint.

Wah budget like abt 15K with COE extension + miscellaneous cost.

doesnt look so attractive to do the engine chng now. Extend COE + do the rest at budget already cost 4K to 5 K

Decisions, decisions decisons...................