• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Mods for W124

Guest Vento95

Guest Vento95

Hi,

Just want to know anyone done engine mod on W124 here - crank pulley, exhaust, CAI etc..

I drive a 8v W124. Did engine overhaul + change AT + suspension when I got it 3 yrs ago. Regretted did not do any mods at that point of time as i spent a bundle.

Am thinking of adding on now.

What I have now

Ez-Stab

Grounding

Surbo

Aircon + fan Mod - keep engine temperature at 80 Degrees max

Cheers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Just want to know anyone done engine mod on W124 here - crank pulley, exhaust, CAI etc..

I drive a 8v W124. Did engine overhaul + change AT + suspension when I got it 3 yrs ago. Regretted did not do any mods at that point of time as i spent a bundle.

Am thinking of adding on now.

What I have now

Ez-Stab

Grounding

Surbo

Aircon + fan Mod - keep engine temperature at 80 Degrees max

Cheers

Surbo helps??

exhaust, either do the ops type, or if have enough $$$ import from thailand, original AMG exhaust with tips..

me & my mech is thinking of turbo charging, but must find the right type... :-\

Guest Vento95

I also am thinking of turbo.

When I overhauled my engine should have changed to a 230 or 280 given that the cost is the same.

Other countries, some people put in a toyota turbo engine..... sigh

Guest kepiting1sg

I also am thinking of turbo.

When I overhauled my engine should have changed to a 230 or 280 given that the cost is the same.

Other countries, some people put in a toyota turbo engine..... sigh

You should have put in a 230E or 280E engine. These engines used to be available from the scrap yards and many people have done that; off course without LTA's approval. ;)

Guest Vento95

I know.... :'( :'(

Dat time just bought the car n didnt know anything.... Now different after reading up and talking to people..

Now itchy......

Guest kepiting1sg

I know.... :'( :'(

Dat time just bought the car n didnt know anything.... Now different after reading up and talking to people..

Now itchy......

Itchy arh??? Mai Ko Tan! Mai Ko Tu Liao lah!....wahahaha ;D ;D ;D

You should have put in a 230E or 280E engine. These engines used to be available from the scrap yards and many people have done that; off course without LTA's approval. ;)

I know 230E can go in n still pass off, but 280E dun think so la, its inline6 mah??

hmmm kinda miss my W123, which i had inplant the W124's 230 engine, damn hell of nice to play around..

well now my W124's heart is considered new! when done the total overhaul, found out that the engine block is leaking(just those 1 out of 100,000 cars), so change the head and block lor, my mech did tempt us with 230E, but my dad didn't catch him that time... :'( :'( if not, damn siok to play around, with the pocket burnt for the more FC lor...

Guest Vento95

Actually, if u travel a lot on highway, higher capacity supposedly give = or better consumption cos got more horses n not straining.

Of course a lot of city driving = start stop = high consumption no matter what cc.

Forgot to add : changed my 15" to 16" 205 55 last year when my cousin in law gave me his rims - he change car. The rims from pre FL E200 which he used for his 1998 W124.

Wanted to take the engine too ;D but opened up n saw it was totally different. Took as many parts as possible hahah. Headlights etc...

Looks like got no choice but to tahan until can get alternative option.

Saw a w124 yellow color zhnged - body kit, diffuser, lowered springs, rims n exhaust the other day at Serangoon Ave 3. rims n exhaust look good, body kit i guess is owner's choice. Don't know abt engine cos saw on road. :laugh:

Actually, if u travel a lot on highway, higher capacity supposedly give = or better consumption cos got more horses n not straining.

Of course a lot of city driving = start stop = high consumption no matter what cc.

Forgot to add : changed my 15" to 16" 205 55 last year when my cousin in law gave me his rims - he change car. The rims from pre FL E200 which he used for his 1998 W124.

Wanted to take the engine too ;D but opened up n saw it was totally different. Took as many parts as possible hahah. Headlights etc...

Looks like got no choice but to tahan until can get alternative option.

Saw a w124 yellow color zhnged - body kit, diffuser, lowered springs, rims n exhaust the other day at Serangoon Ave 3. rims n exhaust look good, body kit i guess is owner's choice. Don't know abt engine cos saw on road. :laugh:

I had seen that yellow W124, the overall is good if he removes the GT wings! and he trys too hard to look like W210 from the back(in my own view, no offence to the owner if he is in this forum), if i can remember, he had also installed gauges coming out of the bonnet!!

by the way, I had seen it at Maxwell market!, some other members had also seen it at Shenton Way.

things for you to change,

1)change the dials to EL type! cost you only $220 max..

2) change headlights to projector or the crystal type

3) change LED taillights

4) you want window visors?(i still have 1 more set)

Guest Vento95

Thanks,

But the more i see W124, the more I rather keep the outside as stock as possible. i really appreciate how some w124 are kept in shape - shiny, good paint job, no dents n nicks on doors. I see some of these on the roads n i say to myself wat a good job the owner has done.

I rather zhng the engine hahahah ;D

Hope to meet up at the kopi session - sigh another 20 days more.....

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks,

But the more i see W124, the more I rather keep the outside as stock as possible. i really appreciate how some w124 are kept in shape - shiny, good paint job, no dents n nicks on doors. I see some of these on the roads n i say to myself wat a good job the owner has done.

I rather zhng the engine hahahah ;D

Hope to meet up at the kopi session - sigh another 20 days more.....

I tend to agree with you in keeping the shape of the W124 and have a shiny paint job over it.

Here's some pictures of my former W124 with the exception of a front Lorinser spoiler in shiny black. Detailing by Zaino. Hope you like it! :)

160357_32_full.jpg

455006308_75b52fd13f.jpg?v=0

Guest kepiting1sg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... very subtle outside mods

where did u do the exhaust? How much?

U don't drive this anymore?

I bought it in year 2000 with fully paid COE, drove it for 3years + and sold it @ a loss of S$60K. >:( >:( >:(

Guest Vento95

Tough man.

Cars damn expensive here in SG.

If i use until the end, I pay abt 6K a year (excluding parking, petrol, insurance n road tax) which is ok for me. It works out to be 500 a month for the car. If include running cost, I pay up to 1 K.

Where u did yr exhaust?

Guest kepiting1sg

Tough man.

Cars damn expensive here in SG.

If i use until the end, I pay abt 6K a year (excluding parking, petrol, insurance n road tax) which is ok for me. It works out to be 500 a month for the car. If include running cost, I pay up to 1 K.

Where u did yr exhaust?

What exhaust are you talking about?? :-\

Guest kepiting1sg

Lorinser exhaust arh???? from Benzline and cost S$2K+ includes installation, but it goes with the Lorinser Edition back bumper unless you cut & modify your stock bumper to fit.

Total package - Lorinser Edition Kit - front bumper, back bumper, side skirts,

boot spoiler, roof skirt, exhaust kit, spray painting - cost me 2 arms & 2 legs.

Now I go limpless & do begging for a living......wahahahah! ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Did it make a difference to the driving experience? Apart from the styling?

Visual mods doesn't add anything to the driving experience except the self fulfilling satisfaction of seeing your ride the way you want it to look.

This shiokness is hard to quantify! ;D ;D ;D

I do enjoy the "small perf mods" I did to my car. :-X

Guest Vento95

oh I thought u had mod your exhaust i.e. better flow through, good sound etc...

Pardon my misunderstanding as I can feel while reading yr post about your arm n leg; how painful it must have been.

cheers

Guest kepiting1sg

oh I thought u had mod your exhaust i.e. better flow through, good sound etc...

Pardon my misunderstanding as I can feel while reading yr post about your arm n leg; how painful it must have been.

cheers

IMHO,

U dun get much mileage in hp increase with exhaust mods.

I like the way my car chng looks....... ;D ;D ;D

rear.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

wah hey unker car chng kang sibe swee leh phew weet.. I must also go and do my car chng kang leow :D

front you see face, back you see kar chng,

so both side of faces important mah!!!

BTW Unker dun do kar chng job hor!!! ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Uncle??

Your car look familiar - I saw a pic same same in Delphiforums Merc Forum. u da one?

Swee

I think so! Thank you for the compliment! :)

That was the kar chng!

This wan the front! ;D

front.jpg