• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

To Buy or Not to Buy

Guest i6u

I agree with you..

very very slow...

Gets even worst if its in C mode! feels like taking 2 steps back before can go 1 step forward sometimes!!

And bro hoyas, YOU ARE GETTING 16.5L 95% OF YOUR TIME?!?!?!

U driving with the parking brake on isit??? Maybe that explaines why ur getting 16.5L!! :death: :death:

Now i really don't feel bad about my FC!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wuyiche

Hmm, all your car's FC quite low compared to mine. Averaging about 16.5L/100km with 95% local roads. Must be all that stop-go traffic. Leave it in S mode most of the time though.

BTW, do you guys find that the G-tronic not that responsive, even in S mode? Usually, have to wait s split second before gearbox kickdown a couple of gears. Compared to BMW, it seems like an eternity.

well.... all I can say is that the car's like a wife... you love the good points and learn to live with the bad ones.. Everytime I see another CLS on the road, I'm always say to myself "I'm real glad I have one"....

see you soon bro..

well.... all I can say is that the car's like a wife... you love the good points and learn to live with the bad ones..

Bro when are you sending out your wedding invitation ? :tongue1: Marriage prep passed with flying colours.

g8crasher ]

well.... all I can say is that the car' wrote:

Bro when are you sending out your wedding invitation ? :tongue1: Marriage prep passed with flying colours.

Thats the problem..

From what i see, the problem with Wu is, he's already treating his CLS as his wife, and his porsche as his mistress! :la:

Guest wuyiche

narmi ]

Thats the problem..

From what i see, the problem with Wu is, he's already treating his CLS as his wife, and his porsche as his mistress! :la:

Haha.... bro .... you know me so well!

Guest wuyiche

wuyiche ]

narmi ]

Thats the problem..

From what i see, the problem with Wu is, he' wrote:

Haha.... bro .... you know me so well!

ahem .... better stick to topic...

Hmm, all your car's FC quite low compared to mine. Averaging about 16.5L/100km with 95% local roads. Must be all that stop-go traffic. Leave it in S mode most of the time though.

BTW, do you guys find that the G-tronic not that responsive, even in S mode? Usually, have to wait s split second before gearbox kickdown a couple of gears. Compared to BMW, it seems like an eternity.

i dun think all the 7g-tronic software is the same for mercedes model.

My SLK shift faster than the CLS and it got the "throw clutch" feeling but CLS got the smoothness

Noitalogesto ]

Hmm, all your car' wrote:

i dun think all the 7g-tronic software is the same for mercedes model.

My SLK shift faster than the CLS and it got the "throw clutch" feeling but CLS got the smoothness

I wonder if we can "update" the transmission software?

Or maybe getting an ECU chip will solve the problem? Another mod to think about. :devil:

Actually ah,,

my cls now feels alot like the "throw clutch" feeling that u were talking about leh.

i told C&C abt it thinking something was wrong with my gearbox or something.. but they "checked" and said nuthin was wrong with it. (but u know how c&c "CHECKS" ah)

Now, everytime during the 3rd or 4th gear, suddenly its like it slipped a gear and rev up till abt 4000rpm and then go back to normal..

no idea why also!

Actually ah,,

my cls now feels alot like the "throw clutch" feeling that u were talking about leh.

i told C&C abt it thinking something was wrong with my gearbox or something.. but they "checked" and said nuthin was wrong with it. (but u know how c&c "CHECKS" ah)

Now, everytime during the 3rd or 4th gear, suddenly its like it slipped a gear and rev up till abt 4000rpm and then go back to normal..

no idea why also!

hmm... that means u must check liao...

throw clutch on ur CLS like not good le... u everytime buka issit? :laugh:

no idea why also!

Hmm... vacuum pressure issue with the valve body. Better jack the diagnostics probe into your computer mate.

But Wu, the topic ended already lah..

i6u already bought the car mah! :bootyshake: :rockon:

No problem, bro......we are all here to have :bboyspin: and exchange ideas and experience....so that our first :love7:??? gets all the attention it deserved...

Guest Silver Surfer

i6u ]

hi guys, just a note to let you know that I' wrote:

Congrats! What colour is your car? Is it the CGI version with 292hp? Enjoy the ride.

hoyas,

Tks. Its a carbonite silver... I was told it is a CGI version which could be true as I understand the PI bought in the car from UK.

Hi all, one way to tell if its CGI or not, if the engine unit (in this case the CLS redlines at 6,500 rpm onwards and is recommended to take on RON95 fuel and above) its a CGI, I think the information can be found at the back of the owner's manual. The 272bhp version redlines at 6,250 and can take RON91 and above.

Guest wuyiche

But Wu, the topic ended already lah..

i6u already bought the car mah! :bootyshake: :rockon:

No problem, bro......we are all here to have :bboyspin: and exchange ideas and experience....so that our first :love7:??? gets all the attention it deserved...

Hi i6u,

great meeting you and your darling today... look forward to seeing you at our drives... :iconsalut: