• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK Drift or not?

Guest highflyers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, from my first hand experience, and many forum members (you know who u are - dun need to think too far, 1 example is the MB driving experience skid pad) have seen this first hand, if u turn the steering wheels to the right or left, it is possible to see an slk200 have wheel spin (ESP on). when turn esp off, the car can slide 60%.. but after that ESP will kick in and stop u.

in the more powerful models such as 350 and 55amg, we've see ppl floor the accelerator pedal while turning and the car does - well almost - make a donut, due to the tremendous amt of torque travelling to the wheels.

dun take this as a chance to try this out - just answering ur question... =)

Guest highflyers

oh cool guys. ive tried it already before posted. thanks. i have another s13 for my drift practices but sincei got the slk and its rear wheel drive i was thinking. hey why not? itried alot of combinations. off esp, switch to S instead of C, semi manual at gear 1 without auto is the best way to maintain the donut.

Cheers guys this forum is a great place and hope to see you guys soon...

ah dude, u need to meet our SLK enthusiasts... some of them are a lil "off the slide" (guys and gals, no offence, u know what i mean.... ;) ) a very fun bunch... even more fun to see them driving together... Noitalogesto, shox87 and 2 Mercie 2 can give u "advise"...

btw, which model do u ride in?

ah dude, u need to meet our SLK enthusiasts... some of them are a lil "off the slide" (guys and gals, no offence, u know what i mean.... ;) ) a very fun bunch... even more fun to see them driving together... Noitalogesto, shox87 and 2 Mercie 2 can give u "advise"...

advise? hmm....

maybe "youngadult.com" got many advises... :angel1: :angel1: :angel1:

I think you'll find your S13 more fun to drift as it is naturally tail happy. I wouldn't put too much stress on the SLK gearbox/drivetrain though.... S13 gearboxes are in abundance and are cheap to replace.

But yes you can bring the SLK's tail out as Willy has mentioned.

. Turn off ESP

. Engage 'manual' mode and just hammer away

Noitalogesto ]

ah dude, u need to meet our SLK enthusiasts... some of them are a lil "off the slide" (guys and gals, no offence, u know what i mean.... wrote:

advise? hmm....

maybe "youngadult.com" got many advises... :angel1: :angel1: :angel1:

ok, from my first hand experience, and many forum members (you know who u are - dun need to think too far, 1 example is the MB driving experience skid pad) have seen this first hand, if u turn the steering wheels to the right or left, it is possible to see an slk200 have wheel spin (ESP on). when turn esp off, the car can slide 60%.. but after that ESP will kick in and stop u.

in the more powerful models such as 350 and 55amg, we've see ppl floor the accelerator pedal while turning and the car does - well almost - make a donut, due to the tremendous amt of torque travelling to the wheels.

dun take this as a chance to try this out - just answering ur question... =)

willy, i suppose you can get a 525i and E200k to drift too, not just the SLKs right? ahahhaa. youngadult.com ? :angel1:

Guest highflyers

I think you'll find your S13 more fun to drift as it is naturally tail happy. I wouldn't put too much stress on the SLK gearbox/drivetrain though.... S13 gearboxes are in abundance and are cheap to replace.

But yes you can bring the SLK's tail out as Willy has mentioned.

. Turn off ESP

. Engage 'manual' mode and just hammer away

If really want to drift i guess use 235s or 225s tyres easier to lose traction but for norma driving abit dangerous.

highflyers ]

I think you' wrote:

If really want to drift i guess use 235s or 225s tyres easier to lose traction but for norma driving abit dangerous.

why "normal" driving with 235/225 tyres dangerous??

how is ur "normal" driving look like? :devil2:

Guest highflyers
:D well i not sure why c&c suggested to have 245s rear 225s front coz i always believe there must be certain reason pertaining to weight distribution. Please enlighten me.... btw for the record , my normal driving's SAFE... :-)

:D well i not sure why c&c suggested to have 245s rear 225s front coz i always believe there must be certain reason pertaining to weight distribution. Please enlighten me.... btw for the record , my normal driving's SAFE... :-)

if a car got lots of torque and its a FR setup, the engine at the front means weight will push the front down more, Front tyre more grip.

Rear got lesser grip

and since it's a Rear-Wheel Drive, engine power will send to the rear tyres. if frontback same size, 205,205(base on a stock SLK200) the car will easily oversteer when u apply power during a hard cornering,

even with my 265 rear, i apply 80% on the pedal the car(on a hard lefthand) its rear wheel keep spinning while the front wheel is still in contact;(Front Normal rolling, Rear rubbing road) so it oversteer(OMG!)...

why ferrari, lambo got 305Rear tyres for stock? imagine its a "normal" tyre...erm...255, FR setup, Ferrari turning halfway, while exiting a corner midway, apply some power,

BANG! rear wheel spinning like crazy due to too much torque(Ferrari le :P) and not enuff surface contact, Rearwheel spinning while front wheel is in a 30-45 degree position. OVERSTEER!

now imagine its 305 with more surface contact.

The Fact:

(with fatter rear tyres, a FR setup Car will less likely to rub so u can apply much MORE power tru a corner resulting in a faster cornering speed!)

Guest 2 Mercie 2

thanks willandes.

Guest highflyers

NOT really what i consider it to be true drifting, but powerslides only. :-) :D

i got a spare 225R tyre in my house..... if u know what i mean...

I really dun wana impose... :-) but if u insist.. i buay paiseh :-)

NOT really what i consider it to be true drifting, but powerslides only. :-) :D

i got a spare 225R tyre in my house..... if u know what i mean...

I really dun wana impose... :-) but if u insist.. i buay paiseh :-)

and a spare 205 for the front but can fix the rear too.... hehehe

lol if i got a 2 way LSD.. anytime bro. But with this intelligent car , sideways is tough but possible..

oh, u coming this sunday?? i can "show" u the cheatcode for a 100% whateva safety aids off...(SAM, TCS, ABS, BAM)

Guest highflyers

i confirm come. This is going to be exciting..!!! there is no cheat code. can donut drift can already.. but i can guess roughly. becoz i think i accidentally stumble upon it 1st time.LOL