• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Comfort 'C' vs Sport 'S' mode

Guest NCS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my w204 shows S/C and my previous w203 (pre facelift) shows S/W. i have been told by the SE to put it in S and has been driving in S mode all along.

for the w203... does W mean on WET surface?

Guest kepiting1sg

I think W means WINTER, similar to the C mode.

so i assume C means catastrophe

When I took delivery of my W203, the SE told me to drive in S mode

and I've been driving in this mode since day 1.

This is exactly what my W203 owner manual states.

S Standard - For all normal driving condition

C Comfort - For comfort mode

> Select C for the comfort gear shift program

• The vehicle pulls away forwards and backwards in second gear.
    This allows you to pull away more smoothly.
    This does not apply to full throttle or in shift range 1

While I guess what the owner manual states

- S - Standard - For normal driving conditions it shall be. :wifstupid:

Batam Cheem ]

I think W means WINTER, similar to the C mode.

so i assume C means catastrophe

When I took delivery of my W203, the SE told me to drive in S mode

and I' wrote:

S[/b] Standard - For all normal driving condition

C Comfort - For comfort mode

> Select C for the comfort gear shift program

• The vehicle pulls away forwards and backwards in second gear.
    This allows you to pull away more smoothly.
    This does not apply to full throttle or in shift range 1

While I guess what the owner manual states

- S - Standard - For normal driving conditions it shall be. :wifstupid:

damn! imagine a S class in S mode already damn shoik... then switch to C mode..... :love7: :love7: :love7:

Guest redhood

Since this thread started, I've switched to driving in 'S' mode. Don't think it does anything to my consumption, but revs stay higher and longer and the box doesn't change up as readily when I lift off my foot. Aiyah, Singapore roads, I always have to lift off after 2 seconds or i'll whack someone's bum. The responsiveness is good, but I suspect that my FC is going to show differently. Will report again when I next fill up.

In 'C' mode, pick up is slower, so I have to jab the throttle, which results in a massive kick-down, but once I lift off, the gear shifts up, then can cruise liao. The box feels like it doesn't want to kick down unless I jab the throttle. With the lower average revs, my usual full tank reading is 11.2L/100km.

Let's see.

Since this thread started, I've switched to driving in 'S' mode. Don't think it does anything to my consumption, but revs stay higher and longer and the box doesn't change up as readily when I lift off my foot. Aiyah, Singapore roads, I always have to lift off after 2 seconds or i'll whack someone's bum. The responsiveness is good, but I suspect that my FC is going to show differently. Will report again when I next fill up.

In 'C' mode, pick up is slower, so I have to jab the throttle, which results in a massive kick-down, but once I lift off, the gear shifts up, then can cruise liao. The box feels like it doesn't want to kick down unless I jab the throttle. With the lower average revs, my usual full tank reading is 11.2L/100km.

Let's see.

Redhood, may i know what ur mileage?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redhood

Let's see.

Ok, confirmed liao! Driving one tank of "S" mode with no change in driving pattern gives me 11.5L/100km. As expected, FC is not as good as when driving in "C" mode but.....

BUY SLK FOR WHAT!????!!! Want to drive "C" should have bought COPEN lah!

SLK born for "S" mode :bboyspin: (because M is still too "mah huan")

enjoying my drive a lot more now... the mid-rev boom in overtaking manoeuvres is intoxicating. :yumyum: