• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 E230

archon

Hi,

Just got a used E230 recently.

Does anyone know what the service interval for the car? Every 10k?

When will be the next major service km 60k or 75k?

I would also like to borrow a car handbook? I could not find it in my car.

Anyone could lend It to me for a week. I can self collect and return to the your location.

Hi,

Anyone could lend It to me for a week. I can self collect and return to the your location.

Welcome to the MB Family!!!

Congrats on a good choice of the FL W211E230!

You can DL soft copies of the MB Owner Manual & Maintenance Booklet here.

No need to loan! No need to return!

DL & read on your own pleasure! :)

MB Owner Manual (They are applicable for your ride though the models are for USA in terms of engine capacity)

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/owners_manuals

MB Maintenance Manual (They are generic gasoline engine but not for non-amg & diesel models)

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/maintenance_manuals

If you die die want hard copies, they are available on eBay UK (RHD)

Here're some:- (make sure it's for FL W211 - your model IIRC starts from Jul 2007 - 2009)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=E+Class+manual&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XE+Class+owner+manual&_nkw=E+Class+owner+manual&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/08-2008-Mercedes-E-Class-E320-E350-E550-E63AMG-owners-manual-with-Command-/320929955572?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item4ab8ea7ef4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-e200-class-manual-/251539176840?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item3a90e73d88

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Manual-For-E-Class-/201094467133?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item2ed22a0e3d

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Hi,

Did you try looking for the handbook at the integrated cabinet of the rear seat arm rest?  

There should be a safety label near your fuel cover or advisory in your manual to tell you the minimum RON required. Pumping fuel as per recommendation is fine.

Using fuel below the recommended RON may result in engine knocking. The short of it, spoil your engine lor...

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Any suggestion where to fix my headlight. I am driving E230  from 2007. 

I have intermitted problem with my right headlight.

What exactly is your right HL intermittent problem?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Its the lights connectors, 1 of the pins loose.

its 1 of those wear and tire issues.

There is some diy cheapo stuffs which can be done, which is to warp some insulation tape

to some plastic pins which will hold the connectors firmly.

You probably need to change a new headlight.  The wires in the headlight most likely shorted as the insulation had cracked and dropped off. You can try to take it our and apply some insulation tape. Less than $300 a pc for headlight. 

• 8 months later...

Hi all

I've just got a 2009 W211 E230.  It has quad AMG-style exhaust pipes.  On the undercarriage, there is rust on the exhaust piping (visible when I peer below the car, towards the middle-point of the undercarriage).

Does anyone know if this is a common issue and what causes it?  To get rid of the rust, must I replace the entire system?

Any tips would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

post-6544-0-16975300-1426237413_thumb.jpeg

• 10 months later...

Did you try looking for the handbook at the integrated cabinet of the rear seat arm rest?  

I just got myself a W211 and was looking high and low for the manual...even the previous owner say he never see any manual when he purchased the car.

You reply save me from having lots of headache....i flipped down the rear-centre-armrest....OMG...there it is...sitting neatly pack in the compartment a set of un-touch manual booklet.

Thank you very much...ken100.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT