• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Yellowing headlights

Devie

Any of u guys hv this prob? Send my headlights to get restored but also cannot. Still hints of yellowness. They tried all sorts of cutting/polishing paste to buff out the yellow.

Anyone else too? Or am I the only joker cannot restore my headlights!! Lol

• Like 1

Cheers 

Lee  

Bro, u really take care liao... Headlights polish until smooth smooth :P carpark was too dark. I couldn't see for sure if the yellow wasn't from he inside. :D

S-Class also talking about the same issue. Vwscoob has tried out DrGlass.

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/16795-w221-headlights-cover-loosing-its-shinebecoming-unclear/

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I tried everything.

Tried toothpaste , brasso, autosol, autoglym , restoration kit, send to exotic werks for restore and see them do. They still can't polish the yellow ness away.

Only thing I'm short of doing as read from online is using sandpaper lor....

Cheers 

Lee  

Tigershark:

thx for dropping by n having a look. Yup my headlights are super smooth till ants can slip off. Polished so many many times already.

-anyway why never " ding dong" my door bell, come by drink kopi la next time. Dun paisey k!!

Think I'm gonna try wet sanding the next time and if that doesn't work, it's definitely yellowing from the inside.

Cheers 

Lee  

• 1 month later...

Hi Devie ... In my industry, if the yellowing is due the UV reaction with the polycarbonate lens of the headlamp (i am assuming the lens of the head light is made of polycarbonate instead of acrylic), then no amount of polishing will help. Maybe if some guru can advice the material of the lens otherwise, i do not suggest you sand it as it may also affect the structural integrity of the headlamp.

my 2 cents, hope this can help you in someway.

regards

lz

• 4 months later...

Bro try calling benzline auto for new set of headlights. i called in to check for ex stock they selling at $1100 per side exclude installation that is.

i bought one side only as my car was badly damaged in an accident. hence workshop change one side as they claim that right hand side was damage while left hand side is working fine.. 

No pics yet as car still in workshop ... sigh

Cls350 

2008 model..

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for reply bro. Been bz these few weeks nv check bk on mercsg. I gave up and just wrap blue tint over headlamps and they look pretty decent now. Hehe cheap and gd.

I cheapo lah, dun wanna spend money to buy new headlamps:)

post-4888-0-99030200-1418699486_thumb.jpg

Cheers 

Lee