• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Tyre assist function?

Slowpoke

Hi all,

Found this tyre assist function on the meter cluster. It's stated runflat tyres on activated or sth... Do you guys know what's the use of this function? If I change to non runflat tyres, how it will affect this function? Thanks.

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tyre pressure sensor, at the end of the valve stem, inside each wheel. If you are changing to non run flats, just reset the pressure on the instrument panel after the sensor has "warmed up". If you are loosing air in any wheel, it'll give you a warning. Fyi, if you are changing rims, just be sure that the shop transfer the sensors to your new rims. Hope this info helps...

I dont think mercs comes with tyres pressure sensor. Is meant for you to set the tyres pressure after each time you pump in the air pressure. Once there is a leak the system will prompt you. Google TPMs

There are tyre pressure sensor, at the end of the valve stem, inside each wheel. If you are changing to non run flats, just reset the pressure on the instrument panel after the sensor has "warmed up". If you are loosing air in any wheel, it'll give you a warning. Fyi, if you are changing rims, just be sure that the shop transfer the sensors to your new rims. Hope this info helps...

Thanks bro!

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

@Blackmercs, I've just trade in my stock rims last week and I saw them transferring the valve stem with the sensors to new rims. So don't be alarmed if you see a few counter balance weights opposite the valve stem on your rims, that's just to compensate for the sensor on the valve stem. Hope this info helps... Cheers

@Blackmercs, I've just trade in my stock rims last week and I saw them transferring the valve stem with the sensors to new rims. So don't be alarmed if you see a few counter balance weights opposite the valve stem on your rims, that's just to compensate for the sensor on the valve stem. Hope this info helps... Cheers

Hi thks for sharing. Didnt knows nowadays the new ride comes with tyres pressure sensor too.

@Seamaster Btw do you pictures of this sensors? Whats your ride and YOM? Just curious, did u opt for it?

Sorry i've got no pics to share...

@Blackmercs, mine is W246 B180 Chrome, YOM 2014, it's a standard package.

@Slowpoke, the sensor won't hit anything, not to worry. The valve stem is actually an integral part of the sensor. I hope i'm not going against forum rules by attaching this link. Click & scroll down the link, it looks something like in the pic...

http://tadworthtyres.com/services/tpms/

the tyre pressure sensor very different from those aftermarket TPMS which gives u instant reading of tyre pressure and temperature

for the prompt to be triggered, it has to very low, i think around <20psi .. less than what u will like it

there is an option for the 'real' TPMS ... but as usual the agent price is crazy

but with the run-flat tyres, not so bad lah.  But once u opt out of the run-flat tyres, always advisable to have the TPMS as there are full of hazards on Sgp roads

for Bros who goes up North ... definitely a MUST