• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My Humble W210...

Ferris

Dear all...

As per requested by bro Ah Bui, I am posting my humble W210 pictures.

DIY these items in the pictures...

1) Head light

2) Tail light

3) Front grill

4) Bonnet emblem (installed by bro blackmercs)

5) Stitched the steering wheel leather

6) Single din head unit

7) Rear seat LCD screen

8) Speakers & tweeters on front door panels and speakers at the rear.

9) Sound proofing mat (Project happening tonight...)

post-4946-0-54862100-1396353399_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wah... seems very well kept...... does reminds me of mine back then... strong... sturdy... but sadly underpowered... but loved her anyway....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Next FL to FL W210 better.

Next upgrade your rims to 18 inch!

Poison coming... Haha...

Looking more at comfort, thinking of changing it to a new 16" or 17" instead. Else my OC is gonna complain.

My Toyota MPV was from 15" to 18" and down to 17" because the drive was too hard.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes...

Managed to complete sound proofing the 4 doors with double layers this "early" morning.

First layer at the inner part of all doors and second layer on the outer of the door panels.

Took a total of about 4 hours to complete.  Darn tiring but feels good knowing it is now well sound proof...!

Pardon for the amateur workmanship...  :D

post-4946-0-24379000-1396409411_thumb.jpg

post-4946-0-35528600-1396409522_thumb.jpg

Impressive!! The cost of sound proofing material for a sedan is?

Thanks, bro blackmercs...

Bought it for S$135.00 + 7%GST=S$144.45 for a box of 10 sheets.

I don't know what is my saving but I prefer to DIY than sending the car to a workshop. :thumbsu:

Bet all the bros/sisters here will feel handicap leaving their cars at the workshop for hours... :lol:

Sure...! Group buy and let's DIY together! Haha...

All the bros pockets are all deep deep here, doubt they wanna get their hands dirty.

I read their posting here and some posts gave me shocks from learning the way they pamper their cars.

Managed to complete sound proofing the 4 doors with double layers this "early" morning.

First layer at the inner part of all doors and second layer on the outer of the door panels.

Took a total of about 4 hours to complete.  Darn tiring but feels good knowing it is now well sound proof...!

Pardon for the amateur workmanship...  :D

Hi Ferris,

I done once with my previous Opel, road noise does cut down some, but the insulation material damn heavy...i thought our Merc insulation already quite good?

Yes...  However, mine is a 15 years old car with sound proof technology which is at least 15~20 years ago. :lol:

Maybe the new rides/models are with better sound proof now...

When I remove all the door panels, all it have is an approximately 30cm X 30cm bitumen sheet on the inner side of the door.  Sound and heat cushion on the panel itself.  Thus I personally felt the insufficient of sound proofing to the car.

Could it be just me...? :cool: