• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

All merc drivers very rich?

shauns

Merc owners rich or not, we can only guess.

BUT when it comes to "GIAM", I think Merc owners probably win hands down -> if not how to save money to buy Mercs?

TRY selling something in this forum, and be pleasantly surprised...

Example:

Item X for sale at $20.

whatsapp: "bro, best price?"

reply: "offer me pls."

whatsapp: "can give bro price? shop A selling cheap leh. $8 I come to collect. how?"

reply: "$15 we close the deal."

whatsapp: "I ask my wife first."

reply: "sure. let me know."

few days later...

reply: "are you still keen?"

whatsapp: "sorry, I at my bro's baby shower. been busy with it. done I call you."

after that, radio silence...

Mercs Huat!

• Like 3

BUT when it comes to "GIAM", I think Merc owners probably win hands down -> if not how to save money to buy Mercs?

Example:

Item X for sale at $20.

whatsapp: "can give bro price? shop A selling cheap leh. $8 I come to collect. how?"

few days later...

whatsapp: "sorry, I at my bro's baby shower. been busy with it. done I call you."

Mercs Huat!

U met dua liap yum?

• Like 1

Example:

Item X for sale at $20.

few days later...

Mercs Huat!

hahaha........... classic

cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have had worst, drove in for gas on a crowded sun and i wanted a right sided pump so i waited. 2 cars passed me with no issue then a lefty pump was available but i didnt want and this loser - ang mo with local woman in a nissan stopped beside showing unhappiness but drove into the lefty pump and i ignored. my turn into the right pump, i parked and came out. couldnt get over it, i asked him - you were saying something~? then he started going loud on me saying i was blocking the way... i was like - if i were blocking the way, how the hell did you & 2 other cars drove passed me!? so our voices were pretty loud across both pumps i guess then finally you know what~? he said to me, you driving your daddy's car... i was laughing inside and didnt wanna waste time on such pathetic sour white grape and just told him to shut his trap~

i didnt realised driving bigger cars at my age was like a sin or something, especially here in sg~

so in all, i'm not surprised there are sour smell everywhere~

maybe they ought to setup kiosks for mercs only huh...

• Like 1

Lol... yeah... such ppl exists!!!!! I once told off this "DIRECTOR" who calls me a loser for driving a lorry and tell me not to block his car door from opening... He's easily 1.85m tall and drives a Toyota Vios..... dress neatly in ties and pants with shining shoes..... calls me all sorts of names including the best one I remembered... He said I didn't have a good childhood... bla bla bla.. I got pissed off and whipped out my car key... although I'm really driving my lorry then.... And in front of all the "Spectators" crowding to see some action... I told him.... "Yes, I am driving a lorry and yes like you said I didn't have a good childhood and education so I am now driving a lorry.... But with this lorry I am able to afford a Mercedes Benz..... Unlike you... you are easily taller and bigger than me, dress like a director... talk like and director... BUT you are driving a Toyota Vios.... please tell me someone of your ego is wiling to live with that..... So I assume driving a lorry has more future than a director.... I can live with that"...... And I can see the 'spectators' laughing....

i have had worst, drove in for gas on a crowded sun and i wanted a right sided pump so i waited. 2 cars passed me with no issue then a lefty pump was available but i didnt want and this loser - ang mo with local woman in a nissan stopped beside showing unhappiness but drove into the lefty pump and i ignored. my turn into the right pump, i parked and came out. couldnt get over it, i asked him - you were saying something~? then he started going loud on me saying i was blocking the way... i was like - if i were blocking the way, how the hell did you & 2 other cars drove passed me!? so our voices were pretty loud across both pumps i guess then finally you know what~? he said to me, you driving your daddy's car... i was laughing inside and didnt wanna waste time on such pathetic sour white grape and just told him to shut his trap~

i didnt realised driving bigger cars at my age was like a sin or something, especially here in sg~

so in all, i'm not surprised there are sour smell everywhere~

maybe they ought to setup kiosks for mercs only huh...

• Like 4

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

not sure if we are same page here but as a matter of fact i didnt call him a loser, just my thought ya~

i dont look down on people driving any other brand cars, just a simple expectation of everyone to respect each other actually~

owning a bigger car isnt any sin, i just like it~

besides i'm awared that i did not block any traffic, thats the pissed part~

it's a everyday chore when you spend the days in a lorry where ppl with treat you like beggars and call you are uneducated Ah Beng... even Petrol station pump assistants (they see lorries they just stay away... see cars they come forward).... And driving Merc at night where ppl will think you are snobbish and an asshole..... I've gotten used to that... so just smile and move on....  

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Lol... yeah... such ppl exists!!!!! I once told off this "DIRECTOR" who calls me a loser for driving a lorry and tell me not to block his car door from opening... He's easily 1.85m tall and drives a Toyota Vios..... dress neatly in ties and pants with shining shoes..... calls me all sorts of names including the best one I remembered... He said I didn't have a good childhood... bla bla bla.. I got pissed off and whipped out my car key... although I'm really driving my lorry then.... And in front of all the "Spectators" crowding to see some action... I told him.... "Yes, I am driving a lorry and yes like you said I didn't have a good childhood and education so I am now driving a lorry.... But with this lorry I am able to afford a Mercedes Benz..... Unlike you... you are easily taller and bigger than me, dress like a director... talk like and director... BUT you are driving a Toyota Vios.... please tell me someone of your ego is wiling to live with that..... So I assume driving a lorry has more future than a director.... I can live with that"...... And I can see the 'spectators' laughing....

:thumbsu:  :thumbsu:

it's a everyday chore when you spend the days in a lorry where ppl with treat you like beggars and call you are uneducated Ah Beng... even Petrol station pump assistants (they see lorries they just stay away... see cars they come forward).... And driving Merc at night where ppl will think you are snobbish and an asshole..... I've gotten used to that... so just smile and move on....  

Bro, at least these people don't accuse you of being ganster, loanshark.....I was being refered as 1 by an AMG (Ang Moh Gao) with a SPG....saying something like "Singapore has many Mercedes, but like this 1, driven by an undesirable character".....guess what the SPG replied in a forced slang "yar, we call them Ah Bengs, mostly are small time gangsters and loansharks...."

Sigh.......just because I am in my usual slipper, berms, Ts......damn I wasn't even showing my tattoos......

Really wanted to apologise to them for me driving a Merc and them driving a Honda City.....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

i was driving honda,,

when i upgrade to W212 client reduce giving me business

my guess was wow upgrade and chop me to buy merc

Same sentiments. Clients/bosses would almost always wanna feel more superior to those who are serving them/they are paying, regardless of which industry.

i was driving honda,,

when i upgrade to W212 client reduce giving me business

my guess was wow upgrade and chop me to buy merc

its a double edged sword. .. ive know some contractors who lost out to a job because they are not driving a presentable ride.... clients worry if you can live up to your billing. .. so sometimes I still believe it's a superficial world.... first impression is still very important. ..
  • Like 6

very small in bank account...cos salary direct debit to MOF account

Yar....I know I am small..... :D  :D  :D :D  

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Thats why when meeting clients i drives a van.

I have seen in my own eyes, quotation kena chop because the company quoting has a Business Manager driving a 523.........

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.