• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

All merc drivers very rich?

shauns

I am the other way round.....

When I drove toyota no one bother to stop me and direct pass.... but when I drive the S class kana lots of police stop

Realize after driving Merc, I do get away with a lot of security stops.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

It's the social stigma that everyone has.. Even my visiting colleagues from the States and from India were like WOW when they saw me in a Merc..preowned prefl some more.

Last time bought brand new Legacy and mod till with quad exhaust and nobody said anything.

New or old, entry or top range doesn't matter. We are supposed to be swimming and sleeping in piles of cash.

I agree.... pple (some of our boss/superiors) tend to see things different.... you may drive a merc but its a 8yr model or so which cost like 60k but pple are buying brand new Jap/Korea cars which cost 120k min now....

And you spend what you earn.... No wrong in that...

• Like 1

Ya it's a stolen vehicle.... Hahahah stolen nail that stucked to the tyre....hahaha

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I just switched from Toyata Mark X to E250 2 mths ago.  I am doing IT Sales, seriously i don't feel rich driving a Merc.  But I can feel it command certain respects from my clients esp from higher levels, and also find security clearance to places much smoother and the officers dunno why became more polite.  But certainly a lot of red eyes in the office but just ignore them.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Waaa same trade...But I am doing IT Engineering

I just switched from Toyata Mark X to E250 2 mths ago.  I am doing IT Sales, seriously i don't feel rich driving a Merc.  But I can feel it command certain respects from my clients esp from higher levels, and also find security clearance to places much smoother and the officers dunno why became more polite.  But certainly a lot of red eyes in the office but just ignore them.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

haha my group are Networking and Hardware.

I am a Network/Security/ Server engineer. Feel so sian compare to my US friends

You need people for which language?

Let me check.

U guys gt pple to recommend? I'm looking for software developers currently. Having a hard time looking for pple these days.

Swahili.....

haha my group are Networking and Hardware.

I am a Network/Security/ Server engineer. Feel so sian compare to my US friends

You need people for which language?

Let me check.

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Markx to e250 can feel the difference in terms of power? On paper markx has abt 20 more hp but want to know the diff from a first person.

Yes certainly more power!  Though not fair comparison as my Mark X is stock whereas my E250 is fitted with Vath ECU.  But overall driving experience, Mark X body and steering wheel is very light comparing to E250 (feels like driving a tank for 1st time :D ) but pick up is much faster and car is extremely stable.  :goodjob:

I agree.... pple (some of our boss/superiors) tend to see things different.... you may drive a merc but its a 8yr model or so which cost like 60k but pple are buying brand new Jap/Korea cars which cost 120k min now....

And you spend what you earn.... No wrong in that...

True, CLA45 is the way to go....

vroom vroom

cheers

Once I drove a ah beng looking m3(nt mine) into a condo and Kenna rejected by guard coz I'm nt resident and visiting hours over. Ll wait for fren along the rd. one day later drove my c class repeat the same thing, same time with same guard, he just raise barrier and wave me in. M3 look cheaper than c kras meh

say properly... m3 or M                                                                            azda 3? lol..

mer zai say one..

Yes certainly more power! Though not fair comparison as my Mark X is stock whereas my E250 is fitted with Vath ECU. But overall driving experience, Mark X body and steering wheel is very light comparing to E250 (feels like driving a tank for 1st time :D ) but pick up is much faster and car is extremely stable. :goodjob:

Nice nice

Make it the SL63 or SLS. cfm no need to mod de

True, CLA45 is the way to go....

vroom vroom

cheers

Merc do give a luxury aura, but quite common nowadays.

Hence, i think the very rich are the Rolls Royce/Bentley owners (but not all aware Bentley are costly), where road tax alone is a big stumbling block to own one.

too solid till taxi company also start using it...

cheers

Believe is the reliability and the prestige associated with it..

My neighbor 2 months old BMW 316 oredi in workshop.. got a 5 series as courtesy car..

ask them to keep the 316 there.... continue to use the 5 series...
  • Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill