• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Attention Assist activated?

sw00sh

Hi bros,

Just wondering if anyone of you noticed that when this is activated, there is no coffee sign? I remember when I test drive that time, this icon use to be on the display at all time. Or perhaps its an option, not default that came with the current batch of C180 with Style edition?

The manual says that the icon with an 'OFF' text next to it will appears when deactivated. Is that the only sign to let us know if its really activated?

Thanks.

Hi bros,

Just wondering if anyone of you noticed that when this is activated, there is no coffee sign? I remember when I test drive that time, this icon use to be on the display at all time. Or perhaps its an option, not default that came with the current batch of C180 with Style edition?

The manual says that the icon with an 'OFF' text next to it will appears when deactivated. Is that the only sign to let us know if its really activated?

Thanks.

there should be coffee sign... go turn it on...

Coffee cup sign appear when activated.

No coffee cup sign when deactivated.

Damn huge coffee cup sign appear when they detect that you need a break.

With many drives along Nshw, only seen it appear once with damn huge coffee cup.

Coffee cup sign appear when activated.

No coffee cup sign when deactivated.

Damn huge coffee cup sign appear when they detect that you need a break.

With many drives along Nshw, only seen it appear once with damn huge coffee cup.

I have never seen it activate before. is there any audio indication other the the damn huge coffee cup appearing???

I have never seen it activate before. is there any audio indication other the the damn huge coffee cup appearing???

No audio indication.

there is a dong dong dong chime like the alert you get for not securing your seat belts/didnt release hand brakes. Just that the chime is higher pitch....

your dash gets lighted up too...that grabs your attention.

Mmmmmm... if i dozing off how do i see the big coffee cup.. should have some audio in my opinion..

the aroma from the big coffee will bring you deeper into trance.....hahahah joking only.

On a serious note, there is an alert which i had earlier post.

means you have already drank the coffee......time to go to the café again...

That's hilarious, I would need to go again and again and again and...

Lol. But seriously, why I dont get the coffee cup icon, that's what I am trying to say. How will I know if my system actually has this option? (other than I go ask my C&C sales). Sigh.

Go to setting and turn on the Attention Assist.

Turned it on. It was on all the time, the C&C SE showed me during the collection but I didn't see the coffee icon then. I was already so overwhelmed and excited so didnt really notice and follow up. :(

Is this another 'option' that C180 Style edition doesnt have? I thought it was quite a basic feature now. 

the aroma from the big coffee will bring you deeper into trance.....hahahah joking only.

On a serious note, there is an alert which i had earlier post.

Yes there is a warning beep. I ddnt heard it during the NS run but accordingly to the manual there is a beep.

ATTENTION ASSIST

Important safety notes

ATTENTION ASSIST helps you during long, monotonous journeys such as on freeways and interstate highways. It is active in the range between 50 mph (80 km/h) and 112 mph (180 km/h).

If ATTENTION ASSIST detects typical indicators of fatigue or increasing lapses in concentration on the part of the driver, it suggests you take a break.

G WARNING

ATTENTION ASSIST is only an aid and may detect your tiredness or lapses in concentration too late or not at all. It is not a substitute for a well-rested and attentive driver.

Fatigue may cause you to recognize hazardous situations too late, misjudge a situation or react more slowly. For this reason, make sure you feel rested before you begin driving and during your journey. Make sure that you take regular breaks in time, particularly on long journeys. Otherwise, you may fail to recognize dangers in time, cause an accident and injure yourself and others.

ATTENTION ASSIST assesses your level of fatigue or lapses in concentration by taking the following criteria into account:

your personal driving style, e.g. steering characteristics

driving conditions, e.g. time, driving time

The functionality of ATTENTION ASSIST is restricted and warnings may be delayed or not occur at all:

if the road condition is poor, e.g. if the surface is uneven or if there are potholes

if there is a strong side wind

if you have adopted a sporty driving style

with high cornering speeds or high rates of acceleration

if you predominantly drive at speeds under 50 mph (80 km/h) or over 112 mph

(180 km/h)

if you are currently using COMAND or making a telephone call with it

if the time has been set incorrectly

in active driving situations, such as when

you change lanes or change your speed

Warning and display messages in the multifunction display

X Activate ATTENTION ASSIST using the on- board computer (Y page 193).

Symbol : appears in the multifunction display.

If ATTENTION ASSIST is active, you will be warned no sooner than 20 minutes after your journey has begun. You will then hear an intermittent warning tone twice, and the Attention Assist: Drowsiness Detected message appears in the multifunction display.

X If necessary, take a break.

X Press a to confirm the message.

On long journeys, take regular breaks in good time to allow yourself to rest properly. If you do not take a break and ATTENTION ASSIST still detects typical indicators of fatigue warned again after 15 minutes at the earliest.

ATTENTION ASSIST is reset when you continue your journey and starts assessing your tiredness again if:

you switch off the engine.

you take off your seat belt and open the

driver's door, e.g. for a change of drivers or to take a break.

• Like 1

The past two days of driving, I have this alert telling me, "Drive Carefully". It came off 3-4 times during each drive to and fro office. Any of you bros, ever get this before?

*creepy*!

The past two days of driving, I have this alert telling me, "Drive Carefully". It came off 3-4 times during each drive to and fro office. Any of you bros, ever get this before?

*creepy*!

You must be driving very dangerously. I don't have such warning.

*creepy*!

Whenever, I drive too fast, I also get this alert (and many others too), but not by text in my osd with a nice sounding chime, it is from my wife sitting next to me...

*creepy*!

Next time ask for toto nos? If strike the grp one immediately dump the car!!

Haha...I am wondering if its the Attention Assist trying to 'tell' me, 'enough of asking the forum experts la, I am here and have been all the time.' haha...

Well not that I am driving any difference between the last two days and the two months before that. Only difference is that I just hit that 1500km 3-4 days ago. Car seems to be more responsive now. Could it be sudden change of driving habit? I do remember the first time I heard it like 2 days ago, I was really rushing to pick up my boy before 7pm and then when nearing the car in front, have to brake and stop. The time between that and being 'stationary' must have been shorter than normally I would have drove, could that also prompted it?

Mmmm strange.. even i play my paddle shift till siao around bend and corner oso no such warning..

there are certain conditions before the Warning will come on. Refer to BM's post earlier......

If you are in paddle shift mode and shifting thru the gears actively, it will surely not turn on due to you are awake managing the gear change.

• Like 1

Mystery solved! It is not the Attention Assist that is prompting me. haha...Its actually the integrated GPS system that comes with the ride. I set the 'Speed warning' with voice activated last Sun and that's when suddenly the 'voice of Drive Carefully' came off on Mon evening when I was driving a little more 'rush' than the usual.

Sorry bros, thought it was the A.Assist. I turned off that warning in the GPS and now more. Peace again! :)

hahahahahahahaha........ now you can drive in peace.

I need to check on my integrated GPS where to set speed limit...didnt know there is this function available.