• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

White merc

telracs

Hi Guys !

I cant decide on the colour for my A class.

I really love the white that was displayed at C&C but I am so afraid that the nice pristine white colour wont last and it turns yellow.

Those who owns a white merc....do you have problems with the pain job turning yellow say after a couple of years?

I am thinking of switching my color choice to black if white proves to be difficult to maintain.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, maintaining white color car has been discussed, do a search. Choose dark grey color is the safest. Black is not that easy to maintain as most ppl thought.

Don't take black...... It's worse than white.. Believe me it's really bad.. Especially after it rains...... Maybe a metallic blue or a ruby red should be nice...... Seen afew blue A Klasse on the road.... Very chio.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Hi Guys !

I cant decide on the colour for my A class.

I really love the white that was displayed at C&C but I am so afraid that the nice pristine white colour wont last and it turns yellow.

Those who owns a white merc....do you have problems with the pain job turning yellow say after a couple of years?

I am thinking of switching my color choice to black if white proves to be difficult to maintain.

just get what you like...let the groomers maintain the color for you every 4-6 months. need to have the feel good factor when you see it everyday, leave the worries at home.

You're dethpicable. 

Nice! Make sure weekly wash it and quaterly or half yearly get it polish & wax. Remember to mod it :).

ha ha ok ok

I am going to sign up for a grooming package?

I stay at upper Thomson.......is there a good one ard my area?

I am gonna make sure I maintain it white most of the time..LOL

You want to maintain white? Try Thomson medical look for Dr Quek. My doctor frens say one.

Most of my cars in the past were white and never turned yellow. What I followed was:

1. CS2 or Ceramic or Revol PPS and went for comprehensive maintenance every 6 months after that

2. Wash the car at least once a week if no heavy rain in between

3. Wash the car after heavy rain

4. Park the car under shade as much as possible (UV rays turn the colour)

Even though it is bit difficult to maintain, but white colour rocks! I some time regret why I did not get white again this time.

• 2 weeks later...