• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Quite eng so shall share a road encounter this morning involving Mr 9466....

I was along Kampong Bahru road junction making a right (single lane expanded to two right turn lanes) towards AYE. From a single lane, Mr 9466 chose the left lane and me the right. Traffic was heavy but the left turning lane was relatively clear ahead. This was when I noticed a black Altis cutting into the left lane of Mr 9466’s path. Mind you, the Altis had very good clearance (with I would say 4 car lengths) when he cut into the left turning lane and was not travelling fast. Oh yes, he signalled too.

During this time, Mr 9466 had yet to accelerate when the Altis cut in with grace.

Apparently Mr 9466 was not pleased with this “rash act” and blasted his horn at the Altis despite it being 3 – 4 car lengths away? I was surprised and I guess so was the Altis driver as I noticed he gave the “whatsup gesture”. Clearly the Altis driver did nothing wrong and did not cut in aggressively. I was side by side Mr 9466 then and he was gesturing rudely at the car in front still blasting his horn. If Mr 9466 is reading this, yes, I am the black W204 driver on the right lane.... I saw you glancing at me (as though seeking a call for support) but guess what, you ain’t getting it from me because I think you are a dick-of-a-driver with zero driving etiquette.

Please be more gracious in future and don’t give our make a bad name.

9466 is what car wor? must beware of him

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Quite eng so shall share a road encounter this morning involving Mr 9466....

I was along Kampong Bahru road junction making a right (single lane expanded to two right turn lanes) towards AYE. From a single lane, Mr 9466 chose the left lane and me the right. Traffic was heavy but the left turning lane was relatively clear ahead. This was when I noticed a black Altis cutting into the left lane of Mr 9466’s path. Mind you, the Altis had very good clearance (with I would say 4 car lengths) when he cut into the left turning lane and was not travelling fast. Oh yes, he signalled too.

During this time, Mr 9466 had yet to accelerate when the Altis cut in with grace.

Apparently Mr 9466 was not pleased with this “rash act” and blasted his horn at the Altis despite it being 3 – 4 car lengths away? I was surprised and I guess so was the Altis driver as I noticed he gave the “whatsup gesture”. Clearly the Altis driver did nothing wrong and did not cut in aggressively. I was side by side Mr 9466 then and he was gesturing rudely at the car in front still blasting his horn. If Mr 9466 is reading this, yes, I am the black W204 driver on the right lane.... I saw you glancing at me (as though seeking a call for support) but guess what, you ain’t getting it from me because I think you are a dick-of-a-driver with zero driving etiquette.

Please be more gracious in future and don’t give our make a bad name.

maybe poor judgement on car length.........thus 3 to 4 cars length looks 1 to 2 car............

cheers

His parents didn't teach him well.....

Sigh. As you said, lots of irrational drivers in Singapore given over to weak road etiquette. Recently came across a video...

Sad times..

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

If I were the driver behind 1112....I sure will over take, bloxk his/her car and wack the hell out of him/her with my tingkat..... ;);)

sama sama......

"Ham and eggs = A day's work for the chicken; A lifetime commitment for the poor pig."

Rlim....long time no see u....hows things?

I'm good, just came back from overseas posting, will be in town till mid September, maybe can catch up with the members for kopi :)

"Ham and eggs = A day's work for the chicken; A lifetime commitment for the poor pig."

I'm good, just came back from overseas posting, will be in town till mid September, maybe can catch up with the members for kopi :)

Wah....you posted overseas then car how? Like my car.....always in the car park..... hahahahahaha

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Wah....you posted overseas then car how? Like my car.....always in the car park..... hahahahahaha

i pass the car to my brother, but he has company car, so also parked in car park :)