• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

PI mercs not made in Germany?

Guest ultor

NewC180 ]

AL ]

I am VERY sure that my 2006 W203 was assembled in the Mercedes South Africa plant. The E90 BMW 318/320 are also from the BMW' wrote:

Hi AL,

Thanks for your warm welcome!

I had a W202 many years ago that was made in South Africa, served me well for 2 years without much problems.. Like I said, I was not really particular about where my new car is made in, just curious and wanted to find out that' wrote:

However, someone here tell me that he wanna exchange his PI C200 with my China made C180, that really pissed me off.[/b] If I wanted to buy a C200, I could have easily bought one from a PI at close to the same price, but I chose to buy a C180 from Cycle for better peace of mind. Anyway, I am someone that does not believe in saving a few thousand dollars and buy from a PI and worry about after sales service (No offence to any bros here that have bought from a PI, eveyrone has they own mindset and thinking!) My C180 is a spare car that I've bought for my wife that drives it occassionally, and I use my 523 for my daily commute, which is the reason why we bought a C180, which I think is good value for money.

I certainly agree with you that what you drive does not reflect on your upbringing, maturity etc etc!! +1!

I've been with the bimmer forum for the past 4 years, had 3 bimmers during this period, and loves visiting the forum regularly for Q&A, jokes, info sharing etc etc. Yes, there are some guys there that are of a different mentality as well.

Thanks and have a good day....

Lets me answer your question and hope i wont piss you off this time( anyway i wont bother and the arrow are not on you too)

It was you that are asking someone where is the Merc make? some 'idoit' reply C is for China who start all this.

I reply in your question RUBBISH meaning them who say C is for China, our Merc we have are not from china, if yours are from china, i would be glad to change mine with yours so as i can maybe exchange from diamler a C63.

And also comparing here with others is not right to do so.

I think i am the very first few who welcome you initialy, right ?

We only need Quality and Quatity.

Pls read thrus all post carefully.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewC180

9339 ]

NewC180 ]

AL ]

I am VERY sure that my 2006 W203 was assembled in the Mercedes South Africa plant. The E90 BMW 318/320 are also from the BMW' wrote:

Hi AL,

I had a W202 many years ago that was made in South Africa, served me well for 2 years without much problems.. Like I said, I was not really particular about where my new car is made in, just curious and wanted to find out that' wrote:

However, someone here tell me that he wanna exchange his PI C200 with my China made C180, that really pissed me off. If I wanted to buy a C200, I could have easily bought one from a PI at close to the same price, but I chose to buy a C180 from Cycle for better peace of mind. Anyway, I am someone that does not believe in saving a few thousand dollars and buy from a PI and worry about after sales service (No offence to any bros here that have bought from a PI, eveyrone has they own mindset and thinking!) My C180 is a spare car that I' wrote:[/b]

Lets me answer your question and hope i wont piss you off this time( anyway i wont bother and the arrow are not on you too)

It was you that are asking someone where is the Merc make? some idoit reply C is for China who start all this.

I reply in your question RUBBISH meaning them who say C is for China, our Merc we have are not from china, if yours are from china, i would be glad to change mine with yours so as i can maybe exchange from diamler a C63.

Dear 9339,

Thanks for the clarification. I think there is a misunderstanding here somehow, maybe due to the language/grammar used.... Anyway, let's move on. I'm not here to make enemies or spoil someone's day...

Like I said, I did not say that this forum is inferior to another, I just said that they are so different. Anyway, shall not dwell on this further....

Have a good day...

NewC180 ]

9339 ]

NewC180 ]

Hi AL,

However, someone here tell me that he wanna exchange his PI C200 with my China made C180, that really pissed me off. If I wanted to buy a C200, I could have easily bought one from a PI at close to the same price, but I chose to buy a C180 from Cycle for better peace of mind. Anyway, I am someone that does not believe in saving a few thousand dollars and buy from a PI and worry about after sales service (No offence to any bros here that have bought from a PI, eveyrone has they own mindset and thinking!) My C180 is a spare car that I' wrote:[/b]

It was you that are asking someone where is the Merc make? some idoit reply C is for China who start all this.

Dear 9339,

Thanks for the clarification. I think there is a misunderstanding here somehow, maybe due to the language/grammar used.... Anyway, let's move on. I'm not here to make enemies or spoil someone's day...

Like I said, I did not say that this forum is inferior to another, I just said that they are so different. Anyway, shall not dwell on this further....

Have a good day...

Same to you have a good week ahead too.

Wah liew!!

Why everybody so tensed one?!?!

Here's a suggestion, Euro is going down, so buy yourself a ticket to Germany, see first hand your car being built, then import yourself!

Anyway, bro NewC180, i know this matter has been settled amicably, but i think you might have entered this forum on a slightly wrong note..

From what i gathered, all the comments were posted in good fun and there was no one that was trying to ridicule you.

But the fact that you actually commented about Eyke, i think it pissed some of us off (including me). I was actually taken back by your comments towards Eyke and i think you DO owe him an apology as he SERIOUSLY did it in a way that is generally accepted approach in this forum. Which is "All in good nature".

If you think that BMW.sg is very different than SGMERC, i think that is absolutely correct. Coz alot of the members here comes from both fraternity but if you do come to our meetups, we are no longer forumers sharing the same ideology and taste in cars, but friends, who invite each other to our homes and our wives and children are actually real friends who don't only meet every last sunday of the month but almost on a daily basis. Thats one of the main difference that i can see..

And maybe that is why alot of us got upset when you commented on Eyke coz unlike bmw.sg, we at SGmerc are actual friends who look out for each other..

So, pls refrain from any form of harshness (unless u like it that way :ky: ;) and if you DO like it that way, let me intro u to another brother of ours, bro SY69U)

But all in all, we still welcome u to our forum and we do hope to see you in our monthly meetups, and who knows, into our homes next..

Guest NewC180

Wah liew!!

Why everybody so tensed one?!?!

Here's a suggestion, Euro is going down, so buy yourself a ticket to Germany, see first hand your car being built, then import yourself!

Anyway, bro NewC180, i know this matter has been settled amicably, but i think you might have entered this forum on a slightly wrong note..

From what i gathered, all the comments were posted in good fun and there was no one that was trying to ridicule you.

But the fact that you actually commented about Eyke, i think it pissed some of us off (including me). I was actually taken back by your comments towards Eyke and i think you DO owe him an apology as he SERIOUSLY did it in a way that is generally accepted approach in this forum. Which is "All in good nature".

If you think that BMW.sg is very different than SGMERC, i think that is absolutely correct. Coz alot of the members here comes from both fraternity but if you do come to our meetups, we are no longer forumers sharing the same ideology and taste in cars, but friends, who invite each other to our homes and our wives and children are actually real friends who don't only meet every last sunday of the month but almost on a daily basis. Thats one of the main difference that i can see..

And maybe that is why alot of us got upset when you commented on Eyke coz unlike bmw.sg, we at SGmerc are actual friends who look out for each other..

So, pls refrain from any form of harshness (unless u like it that way :ky: ;) and if you DO like it that way, let me intro u to another brother of ours, bro SY69U)

But all in all, we still welcome u to our forum and we do hope to see you in our monthly meetups, and who knows, into our homes next..

Yes! It's definitely a very wrong note!

Umm.... all I've said to Eyke is: " You SE in C&C right?? Can give a proper answer or not?.... ". Didn't mean to be 'harsh' in any way.... I browsed through the forums earlier and found out that he is a C&C SE, so was kindof expecting a more professional reply from him on the cars that he sell daily.

Anyway, let's move on unless anyone wanna dwell on this further, we can go on forever, let's hope not.

Would love to join the meetups one of these days...

Cheers!

But the fact that you actually commented about Eyke, i think it pissed some of us off (including me). I was actually taken back by your comments towards Eyke and i think you DO owe him an apology as he SERIOUSLY did it in a way that is generally accepted approach in this forum. Which is "All in good nature"

thanks, narmi, but it's cool, no need for apology.

he wanted a serious answer, i gave him a non-serious one as

i had already given the serious one before, but he probably

wasn't in the mood for that.

lesson learnt: don't joke with strangers :surrender:

Guest NewC180

But the fact that you actually commented about Eyke, i think it pissed some of us off (including me). I was actually taken back by your comments towards Eyke and i think you DO owe him an apology as he SERIOUSLY did it in a way that is generally accepted approach in this forum. Which is "All in good nature"

thanks, narmi, but it's cool, no need for apology.

he wanted a serious answer, i gave him a non-serious one as

i had already given the serious one before, but he probably

wasn't in the mood for that.

lesson learnt: don't joke with strangers :surrender:

Haha... I'm beginning to like you guys! Anyway, will try to be down this Sunday.

Cheers!