• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

PI mercs not made in Germany?

Guest ultor

Guest ultor

i was told that PI merc was cheaper than c&c becos it was not made in germany? I tot it was cheaper becos omv under declared and also no big centre with 100 se to maintain? even not made in germany I tot international biz should have QC built in? noticed PI often came with better options. any comments? :swduel:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C&C mercs all from germany except for R/ML/GL-Class (which are from USA).

Hahaha..... :banghead:

PI car all from Germany accept Stream, Estima, Airwave, swift and...., and.... and.......are from.......... also dont know where???

Guest sy69u

if merc PI cars r not from germany, r they importing it direct from the manufacturing country? tats y its so cheap becoz dont hav to go through germany?

i doubt so bro. should be from the same country c&c get them from. whether made in germany or not is another question. dc would not seperate 1 model into 2 manufacturing countries................

Just a couple of years back some RHD models were mfr'd in East London, SA and the LHD models were coming out from Sindelfingen ? I stand to be corrected hehe

Guest ultor

My friend did a vin search on his PI merc using the russia website and it turned out to be from plant 50, dealer in France. The plant is the same as my c&c benz, dealer for mine is sg. no detail on plant 50, so I guess we are either all from germany or none.

• 3 months later...

I just collected my C180 this week from Cycle. Are all C180 from Cycle made in Germany??

pssst...don't tell anyone i told you hor: your C180 is actually made in China.

what did you think the the "C" in C180 stands for? ;D

C is for China, that's good enough for me

Oh China China China starts with C

- China Monster

Guest Protoss

Aiya, should be PI get their MB from USA (LHD), once reach Singapore, the PI change to RHD in their showroom, than register the car. :clap: :clap: :clap: Tats why PI can sell so so so cheap mah. :afro:

Best dont buy from PI lar. :2guns:

Get from C&C the best! :clap:

Guest NewC180

I just collected my C180 this week from Cycle. Are all C180 from Cycle made in Germany??

pssst...don't tell anyone i told you hor: your C180 is actually made in China.

what did you think the the "C" in C180 stands for? ;D

Oh China China China starts with C

- China Monster

You SE in C&C right?? Can give a proper answer or not?....

NewC180 ]

pssst...don' wrote:

Pls dont....plsssss.............dont complaint him to C&C :pray:

Like what China Monster -

I think You might have got a 'ShenZhen C180" Congrate you might be a millionaire overnight.......

I wont mind exchanging my C200 with you if yours a 'A' Benz from ShenZhen.....

RUBBISH

Guest NewC180

9339 ]

NewC180 ]

pssst...don' wrote:

I think You might have got a ' wrote:

RUBBISH[/size]

I just asked a very simple question here, and it seems like no one bothers to give a proper answer at all.....

I thought the idea of having such a forum is for members with similar interests to share info, tips etc with each other?

This forum is so different from the bimmer forum that I visit everyday.....

NewC180,

Welcome to the forum and no offence to you but if you count approx 11 posts excluding this reply in this very thread from eyke it says clearly that "C&C mercs all from germany except for R/ML/GL-Class (which are from USA)"

NewC180 ]

9339 ]

pssst...don' wrote:

RUBBISH[/size]

I just asked a very simple question here, and it seems like no one bothers to give a proper answer at all.....

I thought the idea of having such a forum is for members with similar interests to share info, tips etc with each other?

This forum is so different from the bimmer forum that I visit everyday.....

Pls spend some time to read thrus this topic.Your answer already posted some where.

It is alraedy cfm that most Merc model are from Germany, only some are from USA, That's all.

Pls do not compare in between forum, simple as ABC if you dont know, i wont mind teaching you from A-Z .

How long have you been in Bimmer forum ? Sgmerc forum ? We had not even met you in person, right ?

Comparing is the most error in life. In SGMERC, we only need Quality and not Quatity Member.

The first place, why you would buy a $120K if you think it is not from Germany ? Where else ? South Africa ? India ?

Guest johnphua

i've checked with my PI and comfirmed that almost all PI c-class are from germany. but doesn't matter is from germany, africa, us or china, as long as once you take in custody, it won't give unnecessary problem. i recall one of our member's w204 from C&C ecu spoiled even less that 6 months. if wanted to buy new car, just pray hard no to get a problem child.

9339 ]

NewC180 ]

pssst...don' wrote:

RUBBISH[/size]

Perhaps you should sell that C180 and buy yourself a sense of humour. Just a friendly suggestion from someone who also frequents a bimmer forum near you.

The model you like, as long as it is from an authentic source, it is authentic.

At the end of the day, as long as you get the performance you pay for, you have a good ride. :punk1:

My frustration will be problem child or lemon rides like John mentioned, which will cost money and time to settle.

Worst is to go court to settle, ruin the experience to want the ride to give.

Anyway, as long as AD or PI provide good after sales response, reliability and reasonings, good enough for me for future considerations.

Most important now, experience your ride! :rockon:

Guest NewC180

Actually, I'm not really concerned whether the car is made in Germany or somewhere else, a merc is a merc no matter where it's assembled in. I bought the car because I trust the brand and like the design of the C-class. It's just that since there's a thread talking about this, I might as well clarify it, cos I did not ask the SE about this when I bought my car.

Yes, I'm new to this forum. Only starting surfing here after I've booked the car, to find out more about the car that I've just bought! I didn't spend too much time researching about the car, as this is my 2nd car that I drive only occassionally.

I'm not saying that this forum is inferior to the 'other' forum. I'm just saying that the 'culture' here is somewhat different. My apologies if the forumers here feel somewhat offended.

However, I do feel that some of the comments posted are uncalled for and sarcastic as well....

Actually, I'm not really concerned whether the car is made in Germany or somewhere else, a merc is a merc no matter where it's assembled in. I bought the car because I trust the brand and like the design of the C-class. It's just that since there's a thread talking about this, I might as well clarify it, cos I did not ask the SE about this when I bought my car.

Yes, I'm new to this forum. Only starting surfing here after I've booked the car, to find out more about the car that I've just bought! I didn't spend too much time researching about the car, as this is my 2nd car that I drive only occassionally.

I'm not saying that this forum is inferior to the 'other' forum. I'm just saying that the 'culture' here is somewhat different. My apologies if the forumers here feel somewhat offended.

However, I do feel that some of the comments posted are uncalled for and sarcastic as well....

Don't worry too much about the comments bro, I am sure all is done in good fun although the tone might be hard to interpret over the Internet. :)

If you look around there is actually alot of helpful information in the old threads, especially for the more class specific forums. Check out the mod list for your C! :D

End of the day, if you feel good when you drive your car, no one can change that feeling! At least you have a car to drive around unlike me, been waiting for super long and still no news. :(

quacks ]

Actually, I' wrote:

Don't worry too much about the comments bro, I am sure all is done in good fun although the tone might be hard to interpret over the Internet. :)

If you look around there is actually alot of helpful information in the old threads, especially for the more class specific forums. Check out the mod list for your C! :D

End of the day, if you feel good when you drive your car, no one can change that feeling! At least you have a car to drive around unlike me, been waiting for super long and still no news. :(

OMG what happen to your ride??? :pray:

I am VERY sure that my 2006 W203 was assembled in the Mercedes South Africa plant. The E90 BMW 318/320 are also from the BMW's South Africa plant.

Therefore, not all Mercedes are made in Germany in the strict sense of the word, they may be assembled elsewhere in the world.

In fact, years ago, Mercedes were imported in to Malaysia as CKD (or Completely Knocked Down) units and then assembled in a factory in Malaysia to enjoy some tax perks. OK, but still made in Germany? :) In Singapore, all our cars are imported CBU (completely Built Up).

You may wish to know that not all Porshes are Made in Germany either. The Porsche Boxsters are manufactured in Finland by a company called Valmet which is like a contract manufacturer for Porsche.

To NewC180's comments about the Singapore BMW forum, let me just say that I used to frequent that forum too (2 years back, when I had my BMW) but there were a few "regulars" there who were downright arrogant, crass and rude! There are all sorts of anal-retarded people everywhere. Having said that, I guess what you drive does not necessarily reflect your upbringing, social status, mentality or intelligence! :)

While I am not overly offended by the 'sarcastic' remarks, perhaps I think we should tone it down somewhat, as different people interpret it differently.

I myself have received quite a few very friendly and helpful PMs from a few of the forumers here so it has been quite enjoyable.

We should welcome NewC180 warmly.

Guest NewC180

I am VERY sure that my 2006 W203 was assembled in the Mercedes South Africa plant. The E90 BMW 318/320 are also from the BMW's South Africa plant.

Therefore, not all Mercedes are made in Germany in the strict sense of the word, they may be assembled elsewhere in the world.

In fact, years ago, Mercedes were imported in to Malaysia as CKD (or Completely Knocked Down) units and then assembled in a factory in Malaysia to enjoy some tax perks. OK, but still made in Germany? :) In Singapore, all our cars are imported CBU (completely Built Up).

You may wish to know that not all Porshes are Made in Germany either. The Porsche Boxsters are manufactured in Finland by a company called Valmet which is like a contract manufacturer for Porsche.

To NewC180's comments about the Singapore BMW forum, let me just say that I used to frequent that forum too (2 years back, when I had my BMW) but there were a few "regulars" there who were downright arrogant, crass and rude! There are all sorts of anal-retarded people everywhere. Having said that, I guess what you drive does not necessarily reflect your upbringing, social status, mentality or intelligence! :)

While I am not overly offended by the 'sarcastic' remarks, perhaps I think we should tone it down somewhat, as different people interpret it differently.

I myself have received quite a few very friendly and helpful PMs from a few of the forumers here so it has been quite enjoyable.

We should welcome NewC180 warmly.

Hi AL,

Thanks for your warm welcome!

I had a W202 many years ago that was made in South Africa, served me well for 2 years without much problems.. Like I said, I was not really particular about where my new car is made in, just curious and wanted to find out that's all. (BTW, saw a sticker with the VIN code at the driver's door frame that says Made in Germany this morning!). However, someone here tell me that he wanna exchange his PI C200 with my China made C180, that really pissed me off. If I wanted to buy a C200, I could have easily bought one from a PI at close to the same price, but I chose to buy a C180 from Cycle for better peace of mind. Anyway, I am someone that does not believe in saving a few thousand dollars and buy from a PI and worry about after sales service (No offence to any bros here that have bought from a PI, eveyrone has they own mindset and thinking!) My C180 is a spare car that I've bought for my wife that drives it occassionally, and I use my 523 for my daily commute, which is the reason why we bought a C180, which I think is good value for money.

I certainly agree with you that what you drive does not reflect on your upbringing, maturity etc etc!! +1!

I've been with the bimmer forum for the past 4 years, had 3 bimmers during this period, and loves visiting the forum regularly for Q&A, jokes, info sharing etc etc. Yes, there are some guys there that are of a different mentality as well.

Thanks and have a good day....