• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C&C Alexandria made two scratches!!

Guest W204

Guest morganoh

Hi folks,

I've heard about how good K&N filter works. My question is, how much does it cost and will it void my warranty? If it is really better than oem filter, can anyone here verify that it is indeed better?

I can verify that engine runs much smoother with KNN or stainless steel filter, cos the original paper filter is too restrictive.

U can also feel that the engine revs up easier with the KNN/Stainless Steel filter.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Otsego

morganoh ]

Hi folks,

I' wrote:

I can verify that engine runs much smoother with KNN or stainless steel filter, cos the original paper filter is too restrictive.

U can also feel that the engine revs up easier with the KNN/Stainless Steel filter.

Better FC too...

Guest redhood

Noitalogesto ]

Hi folks,

I' wrote:

Better FC too...

Now, that's a good reason. :2guns:

Guest Archer

i have lodge a complaint to my SE. He called back to inform me that i need to send my car to pandan loop for the touch-up. Of course, i aint gonna pay a single cent for the damage they made.

I feel u, bro..pls see my complaint email to C&C just a few weeks earlier. Can't help but to post it here since they wasted so much of my time.

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for following up but unfortunately your counterpart didn't. Mr Halif called me last thursday and tried to fix a time with me. Here are the sequence of events:

- Mr Halif said that he only works till 6pm on weekdays.

In case he is not informed, so do the most of us. I requested to see him on a Saturday morning instead.

- He said that he will check his schedule to see when is he available on a Saturday and to call me back thereafter.

I have been waiting till today and nothing has happened. Then again, I am wondering why I am the one who needs to fit into his schedule and not the other way around.

Since he has not gotten back to me, I will now state it in my terms:

1) Pls have somebody else attend to me. If Mr Halif is unavailable on a weekend, then I am sure that there are others who are.

2) Do have a replacement car ready for me. I do not expect my schedule to be upset due to a half-baked job done the previous round. We would not be in this situation if my car was serviced properly the first time.

3) I do not appreciate the way Mr Halif challenged me to go for a test drive with him in my car. Given modern technology these days, do I still need to prove my case by taking my mechanic for a spin in my car? Let me make it clear that I do not wish to deal with Mr Halif anymore. He has failed to deliver twice and there will not be a third time.I await your reply soonest.

regards,

Guest Titan

Hi folks,

I've heard about how good K&N filter works. My question is, how much does it cost and will it void my warranty? If it is really better than oem filter, can anyone here verify that it is indeed better?

All after market filters gives better air flow but there is always a trade off... Most stock filters are made of paper hence its better to fliter out the dirt but it will be much restricted in terms of air flow. Bigger holes means better air flow which also means dirtier lor.

Guest Raskie

I feel u, bro..pls see my complaint email to C&C just a few weeks earlier. Can't help but to post it here since they wasted so much of my time.

it's always unfortunate one member of the entire team can screw up the perception and appreciation of the brand. despite the $$$ and efforts spent, all it takes it one bad incident to turn an owner's perception 180 degrees.

i guess it does happen to all brands ... :angel1:

the best part is some ADs even wonder why pple goto their preferred workshop ... it is perhaps something as simple as personliased attention and service. For a luxury brand, it is not always about $$$ but how they are being treated ...

i totally agree with Raskie. We spent so much on our car and we deserve excellent service. Cycle makes a lot of money selling each car when compared to other PIs. They should not take us for a spin! Instead, they should appreciate their customers who by the way pay top dollar. :pray:

Guest Cklasse

When things do not turn out well....email to Daimler Germany. I had done this twice, and I had done this to my long ago Renault (emailed Renault France) and it always worked fast and good.

When things do not turn out well....email to Daimler Germany. I had done this twice, and I had done this to my long ago Renault (emailed Renault France) and it always worked fast and good.

100% agreed, Surface the issue to the principle once by email wins your 10 times visit to the AD here.