• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C&C Alexandria made two scratches!!

Guest W204

hi guys,

Got my w204 a couple of weeks back and found out that the car veers to the left. So i sent it for repair and the service rep try to bs with me that the car is fine, told him to fix the problem or drive the car himself to test it. After which, he called to inform me that he has "fine-tuned" the wheel alignment. The car is fine now BUT they made two gashes on my right bumper and totally scrapped the paint off. I'm totally bump now as the car is spotless till the screwed up!! Heard that the Pandan Loop guys can do a better job..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Otsego

ahh, i got 2 rubber marks at the door side from cnc too.

Last time servicing, tell them to drive slowly, they say dun worry and once i hand over the key they zoom off and bang bang tru the hump.

Guest redhood

they last time I sent it in, it came back with some scratches, but I thought my eyes played trick on me and could not confirm that it was them. Now, it looks like it's them.

Just sent it in today, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. Will check very carefully tomorrow. ???

i have lodge a complaint to my SE. He called back to inform me that i need to send my car to pandan loop for the touch-up. Of course, i aint gonna pay a single cent for the damage they made.

thts total waste of time to sent here & there...

C&C should have tip top service right?

reckon u escalate the matter.... sometimes must bang table one... :death:

BANG BANG and demand greater levels of service across the board. They would be complete idiots to treat your car with contempt right after you told them not to.

Guest redhood

Car came back from C&C with no new scratches. But I'm $1200 poorer from servicing. :death:

in my opinion, I expect far better service from C&C, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Service Advisor is practically redundant, apart from filling in the form and calling me to tell me the car is ready. With the constant worry of new scratches and daylight robbery prices, I can't wait to move on once my warranty expires. :surrender:

Talking about warranty, my ESP gave me problems the other day, greeting me in the morning by saying "ESP Unavailable". C&C replaced steering sensor under warranty. Phew!

Guest redhood

Detailed breakdown.

Parts:

Oil Filter Element - $49.42

Shell Helix Ultra 5W40D (8L) - $209.36

Windshield Washer FL - $5.47

Air Filter Element - $150.60

Brake Shoe - $293.02

Sender Unit - $16.49

Brake Fluid - $42.59

Labour:

Replace Brake Fluid - $70

Replace Front Brake Pads - $120

Replace Air Filter - $30

Change oil/Clean engine compartment - $130

Total $1200. :surrender:

No. of scratches - Zero. :-\

Guest Raskie

brake shoe .. for the handbrake ? why do u need to change it ? i dun think brake-shoe typically needs to changed (assuming everyday driving) for years ? brake-pads/disc yes .. but brake shoes ?

redhood,

What kind of service is this? The usual 10-15 km Service A? It is rather costly..i didnt realize its that expensive!! Man they charge labor for all of that. Thats ridiculous!!

Guest redhood

Thanks for all your comments:

Air filter - can I chg to K&N and still send to C&C with no prob? I'm afraid they will give me trouble, unless I change it out everytime I go for servicing.

Mileage - 26k, 2 year old.

Brake shoe - that's what is indicated in the invoice. Dunno why they need to change it though. They indicated that it is worn and needed to be changed. I'm not going to take a risk on anything to do with brakes, so easy meat. :death:

Guest Raskie

haha .. i still dun buy it ... but i hope they dun do it to prey on drivers' worries ... just monitor ... if they ask you to do it again in the next 20000km .. you should :swduel: them !!!!

Guest sy69u

Air filter - can I chg to K&N and still send to C&C with no prob? I'm afraid they will give me trouble, unless I change it out everytime I go for servicing.

Brake shoe - that's what is indicated in the invoice. Dunno why they need to change it though. They indicated that it is worn and needed to be changed. I'm not going to take a risk on anything to do with brakes, so easy meat. :death:

when i brought my car in for my 9k servicing, already done mods with the knn air-filter, kleemen pulley etc etc. they said nothing.

for my 18k servicing, i complain about the squeaking sound from my brakes. after 'repairing' it, they told me tat my rear brake pads is slightly more then half gone & if i wanted to change it. i said its too expensive & might do it outside. he then told me tat i can save on the labour charges as the brake disc has already been remove so i only pay for the brake pads. still insisted, no thanks.

think as long as no major modification to the engine should be ok. touch wood.......... so far so good.

Guest Otsego

u can still send to c&c to service with knn filter but do tell them that u got knn filter if not they will throw ur knn filter away and replace it with the oem paper filter....

some will automatic clean the airbox and put back ur knn filter but some dunno 1 will just throw it away.

Guest Otsego

thanks. I think i'll definitely do the K&N later, but now that I got brand new filter, i'll live with that for a while first to make my money's worth.

do call me when u getting knn filter(lets change together).

I am getting the "green" filter.

Hi folks,

I've heard about how good K&N filter works. My question is, how much does it cost and will it void my warranty? If it is really better than oem filter, can anyone here verify that it is indeed better?

Guest Forsei

Detailed breakdown.

Parts:

Brake Shoe - $293.02

Sender Unit - $16.49

Brake Fluid - $42.59

Labour:

Replace Air Filter - $30

Hi bro,

Side track a bit...hope u dun mind.

I noticed they charged u 8L of engine oil. Is it usu tt much?

I'm pretty aghast tt labour charges are so high, yet charged seperately...$30 to replace air filter wow!

I'd expect top notch service at these prices!!

Guest redhood

Detailed breakdown.

Parts:

Brake Shoe - $293.02

Sender Unit - $16.49

Brake Fluid - $42.59

Labour:

Replace Air Filter - $30

Hi bro,

Side track a bit...hope u dun mind.

I noticed they charged u 8L of engine oil. Is it usu tt much?

I'm pretty aghast tt labour charges are so high, yet charged seperately...$30 to replace air filter wow!

I'd expect top notch service at these prices!!

I don't think they use up all 8L. Maybe they use 2 x 4L pack and then "throw" away the remaining. My fren thinks that 3.5L V6 should probably use up about 6.5L there abouts. C&C mechanic nice enough to return used air-filter and brake shoe, but didn't think I would want the 1.5L remainder of expensive engine oil, perhaps. What was I going to do with it, right? Merc drivers won't know how to top up oil themselves right?

On whether the service is top-notch, that is for you to decide. Me, I'm just happy there aren't any new scratches on the car and they didn't make me pay more. I heard one fellow kena pay for new battery, kena pay for installation charge, and also kena pay for testing the new battery after it has been installed. Hear say only, ah!