• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Stock springs to lower springs

Hi bros,

I want to change my W204 C180 stock springs to lower springs. I just upgraded my stock rims to 18" rims but spacing from fender to rims has a big gap. 

Pls advice if I lower the lower springs, will my ride be very uncomfortable?

How much will a lower spring costs and where will be a reasonable workshop to do it?

Thanks 

Comfortable, butt feel, bumpy etc is depending on individual. Lowering spring cost (all in) est $580 to 650. Do a search in the forum before u part yr money coz after lowered with springs the gap might not meet yr expectation for 18". Although the circumference remain the same somehow only 19" rim give u the best visibility look. Apart from rims size, by selecting those tyres with squarish (plan view) instead of rounded design will somehow closes the gap between the fender. But for 19" if lowered chances of rubbing the fender is higher if selection of wrong offset and tyres size. To resolve this rubbing issue on 19" rim is by "roll the fender"!!

Hence, is better for u to come to gtg (if any) do a test drive and look at the bro's setup before deciding going for this mods.

• Like 1

Hers a pic of mine on h&r sport springs with 19" rims. 1.5fingers all round. Depends on individual. For me i find it not low enough. Coilovers my next project. Ride comfort i find it quite close to stock. Jus slightly a little more bouncy on uneven road. Other than that everything ok.

post-1881-0-98278000-1371801170_thumb.jpg