• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where to replace A/C Filter?

vt5sport

• 2 months later...

hello

would this video be accurate for all W204 models?

does anyone have part numbers for the cabin filter? Mann numbers would be best!

Yes....this is for all W204 models. Goldenlink (stockist) will know the air filter part no when u buy buy from them.

I got brand new oem w204 cabin air filter if u want..selling at same price as stockist..$60..bought from Goldenlink..

The video is quite accurate..only for the new c180 7G the rear clip is very very difficult to get off..good if u have small hands..

I got brand new oem w204 cabin air filter if u want..selling at same price as stockist..$60..bought from Goldenlink..

The video is quite accurate..only for the new c180 7G the rear clip is very very difficult to get off..good if u have small hands..

That rear clip is the same for all W204. Yes..it's a bit tricky here...u need to tilt the whole panel side way in order to slide it out forward. The video clip showed that part.

That rear clip is the same for all W204. Yes..it's a bit tricky here...u need to tilt the whole panel side way in order to slide it out forward. The video clip showed that part.

It's not the clip that holds the panel but the small metal clip that hold the filter itself, its at the back, you will not be able to see it, it must be done by feeling it :)

There are 2 small metal clips, the outer one is easy to get off, the inner one is a pain..

Better get an experienced mech to do do it. I watched the mech changed mine previously and I can tell you it is a pain and very challenging. Even the mech was complaining!

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Better get an experienced mech to do do it. I watched the mech changed mine previously and I can tell you it is a pain and very challenging. Even the mech was complaining!

Totally agree, when I did it myself it was really a pain..get a mech thats the best :)

• 4 weeks later...

P/N of Cabin air filter for W204, the part number is A212 830 0218. Dont confuse with engine air filter.I usually buy from Tye Soon  or Eng Soon ($60). AS mentioned by many bro here, no need to know the part number, just tell the stockist your Car Chassis number and they will know. The Chassis number is also on the driver side door and can be seen when you open yr door. Just take a picture with yr phone and show the stockist. Keep the photo handy and can be use whenever you need any other parts. 

Btw the details in PDF Cabin filter change instruction posted by Sliver88 is written by me years ago.  

As for the small clip behind , yes its a pain to remove or refit, so what i did was use a small flat screw driver to force it out.

I didnt PUT BACK BOTH CLIPs but just put back one clip (left side), any way the filter wont slip out since its very lght and one clip enough to hold the White Plastic in place.    

Hope the above helps as I have benefitted from this website with much info. Its a great site to share info.

Cheers!!!

• 5 months later...

Sharing pictures.. Bought original one from golden link today.

The box..

2uhbk81.jpg

Original after 28k

33ugaxg.jpg

new one bought from goldenlink

rjjl2x.jpg

Original filter has soft spongy thingy around the perimeter.

e0lhk8.jpg

New one don't have..

k0puns.jpg

The 2 holders for the filters. Original from car don't have Mercedes logo. The one I bought has..

osu5wo.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Yep, I can attest that Moto-Aire Service at Sin Min is good for it. I went there with no appointment. They did not have the filter in store, but got it within 30 minutes. Within one hour total time it was ready, cost was 55,- SGD. Official OEM cabin filter was used. I will definitely go back with my 8 yr old W204 Mercedes