• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

foul smell from aircon

anyone experienced this in their MB? foul smell when the aircon turns on initially. the smell is that on decomposed food, not burning smell. the smell disappears after15-30 seconds.

what should i do to get rid of the smell.

my car is about 3 years old, 50k mileage. W164 model. 

Haa its a strong smell only when u on air con during cold start?

I also do have that smell....

easiest way and cheapest way is open your window for the first 2-3 min and its gone!

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

One how lian guy did a DIY on this mods i think is a waste of time. Try to full blast the air con for a couple of time if doesnt work change the aircon filter.

Have read a forum post before some guy put a plate of white vinegar in the car a day in the sun then overnight to rid of vomit smell.

Then next day his car reek of vinegar smell.

But a few days later all the smell including the earlier foul smell also gone.

Have read a forum post before some guy put a plate of white vinegar in the car a day in the sun then overnight to rid of vomit smell.

Then next day his car reek of vinegar smell.

But a few days later all the smell including the earlier foul smell also gone.

Lol. This is like a perfect solution for curing headache. Cut off your hand so that the pain will be so intense that you'll forget you've headache.

Hi, my car is about 6 months old now. Recently experiencing air con smell, and like most of the comment here, only for first few seconds of starting the air con. However, the smell is more chemical in nature, may be something sweet like aldehyde or coolant smell. I gave nothing to it until last night, my gf who is stationed in China mentioned to me about in car smell problem of Mercedes C class in China. It was big enough a problem to get airtime in nightly news for past 1 week. I did a search , found out that the problem is formaldehyde, and it was found in large amount in Mercedes cabin. One of the case mentioned in the new involving a pregnant mother who bought C200 recently, now had given birth to a deformed baby.  Anyone with any issues with smell, please bring it to Mercedes. I am brining mine in soon.

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/1191900/mainland-china-owners-get-more-they-bargained-trophy-cars

Hi, my car is about 6 months old now. Recently experiencing air con smell, and like most of the comment here, only for first few seconds of starting the air con. However, the smell is more chemical in nature, may be something sweet like aldehyde or coolant smell. I gave nothing to it until last night, my gf who is stationed in China mentioned to me about in car smell problem of Mercedes C class in China. It was big enough a problem to get airtime in nightly news for past 1 week. I did a search , found out that the problem is formaldehyde, and it was found in large amount in Mercedes cabin. One of the case mentioned in the new involving a pregnant mother who bought C200 recently, now had given birth to a deformed baby.  Anyone with any issues with smell, please bring it to Mercedes. I am brining mine in soon.

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/1191900/mainland-china-owners-get-more-they-bargained-trophy-cars

one thing.. i googled that merc has manufacturing plants in china.. maybe they are different from ours?

nevertheless, let us know the outcome after you brought yours in to c&c

anyone experienced this in their MB? foul smell when the aircon turns on initially. the smell is that on decomposed food, not burning smell. the smell disappears after15-30 seconds.

what should i do to get rid of the smell.

my car is about 3 years old, 50k mileage. W164 model. 

Change your aircon filter. Use a can of sonax disinfectant. Viola, gao deem.

I did that to mine. The filter form the previous pwner has this sourish smell. After the change, no smell at all.

• Like 1

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

• 4 years later...