• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any green key issues for R Class?

Hi everyone,

Been reading from the net there seems to be this green key issue, more prevalent in the C Class? Just wondering have any folks experience this in the R Class?

Also it seems the airmatic suspension can be quite a big panadol as well?

Understand the R Class shares the same engine as the S Class and platform  is somehow similar to the ML Class?

my apologies as I am not savvy at tech stuff for MB.

Mine is a '09 R350.

Thanks,

Gabriel

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Not many R class owners here so i guess the response is bad :) The green key issue for C class symptoms is whenever you insert the FOB the "click" sound is louder than norm. As for the airmatic suspension will cost couple of thousand dollar for replacement. The display panel will prompt u if there is something wrong with suspension. You may want to send it to see&see or reputable workshop to do a thorough check on these parts when due for next servicing. Anyway, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

hi blackmercs,

thanks for the reply, yeah noticed not much R Class discussion in the forum. when I saw it abt 2 years back at the alexandar showroom, I fell in love with it almost immediately. :)

thanks again bro,

gabe