• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

in other news... ferrari goes up in flames

SLKtigress

SINGAPORE: A red Ferrari went up in flames near Teban Gardens Road on Wednesday.

A Channel NewsAsia viewer was having his lunch at a coffee shop in the vicinity when he heard an explosion.

According to the viewer, the red Ferrari had stopped in front of block 54 Teban Gardens Road, along Penjuru Road. 

The Chinese male driver had gotten out of the car before the explosion. 

The driver did not appear to have been injured. 

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) arrived five minutes later and put out the fire. 

SCDF confirmed that there were no reported injuries and that no other vehicle was involved in the incident.

The cause of the fire is being investigated.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1256766/1/.html

http://static.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1625284/ferrari_reduced_to_scrap_metal_after_fire.html

hmm.. why would a car spontaneously combust?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferrari has had fuel line problems for some time now. fuel line or joints crack and leak a small amount of fuel, which causes fire. this fire leads to an explosion. that's why drivers are generally able to spot fire in the engine bay, and get out of the car before it explodes.

for the early 458, there was a sealant glue that was flammable, leading to the heat causing the glue to ignite and burn.

PIE towards jurong saw a bus on fire. So many kpo slow down to bio.

Just enough for a chery QQ.....

Depends on what 360's are worth! They must all be pushing 10 years old or more now.. what would the insurance company value them at?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill