• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Comand Online v2012 Settings for Starhub Network

tzehou

Hi folks,

I had recently collected my c-coupe from CnC that comes with the new Comand Online v2012 system. I had lots of trouble trying to get it work with my Blackberry 9780 model phone on Starhub network. However, I've managed to get it up and running earleir this morning and thus, wish to share my experience so that anyone whom had faced a similar issue in future can try out the solution.

Problems:

1. There are many variant of Starhub GPRS/3G access details online. Which is the right one or better one to use?

2. Can Blackberry phones connect to the new Comand Online v2012 system without the need for additional software/apps?

3. I can sync and connect my BB9780 to my Comand system but I can't surf the Internet or to access Merc Apps

Solutions:

1. One of Starhub details that works is as follows:

Name: Starhub (create it yourself as the Comand system only have M1 and Singtel details in it; well, at least for my unit)

Ph. Number: *99***1#

APN (or also known as Access Point): shwap

DNS: Automatic

2. Yes, Blackberry phones can connect to the new Comand online system without the need to install any additional apps. However, in your Bluetooth settings for the selected device, ensure that you had enable Dial-Up Networking (also known as DUN).

3. Delete all the Bluetooth devices in your Blackberry phone. Take out the battery of the phone and put it back after a few minutes. Delete all Bluetooth phones in your Comand online system (if any). Take out the car key, after a few minutes, start the car again. Setup Bluetooth for the Comand Online system to pair with your phone. You should now be able to access the Online page... basically, this section is to ask the user to delete the old bluetooth settings and set it up again with a fresh pairing.

Hope that helps folks. Well... at least it worked for me. Many thanks to Camber53, kepiting1sg and Arshavin whom had stand-by me and adviced me along the way.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Henry!

Congrats!

U are always welcome!:)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Mine was a 2011 Comand with BB9900 running on SingTel. I just pair the 2 and voila everything works.

Yup, Singtel and M1 not much issue as their settings can be found in the Comand system. Only Starhub settings are not there and thus need to manually create the network profile in the Comand system. Thats why I posted this mini-faq in case some starhub users might need them :)