• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

U Boat watches

Seanny

Hi bros n sis... Anyone ever got a U-boat? What do you guys think of the time piece? Any reviews?

I have been eyeing the 45mm Classico chrono for quite some time but not sure if I should go ahead and buy one.

I have ppl telling me that its a one time wonder watch with no heritage or whatsoever but strangely the RSP of the watch has been climbing up ever since. Recently I went back to the AD at Raffles SC and again the price has soar again! Some popular models are always out of stock??!

I'm not sure if I should gamble on one and see if It could retain its price over the years...

Do give your feedback time piece experts out there?

They are very chio. .. saw tag t when I went to city hall... but seems that they are meant for right handers. .. for the dial is on e left side... so gave up on that brand...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

They are very chio. .. saw tag t when I went to city hall... but seems that they are meant for right handers. .. for the dial is on e left side... so gave up on that brand...

Actually I think u got it the wrong most if the models have crown and the protector on the left so its a left handed watch.. So that crown doesn't hit the back of your hand.

Ya I Oso think very chio... I like the 45mm face and when I handle it.. I felt its really well made and put together...

I remember U boats starting like in the hundreds when they first came out.. they've been getting popular. Anyway, all watch brands did not start with heritage.. it is something that they built up over a long time, so who knows what will happen in 40 or 50 years?

• Like 1

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

Actually I think u got it the wrong most if the models have crown and the protector on the left so its a left handed watch.. So that crown doesn't hit the back of your hand.

I dunno... but it will feel strange when U wear these watch on your left hand and the dial is always scratching your arm....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I remember U boats starting like in the hundreds when they first came out.. they've been getting popular. Anyway, all watch brands did not start with heritage.. it is something that they built up over a long time, so who knows what will happen in 40 or 50 years?

Ok that makes so much sense... So it's a race to see who can keep longer than who haha...

Classico model going from 4-5k... Flight deck from 6k onwards ..all before AD discount. I understand from the sales person it's about 5-8% discount depending on the model.

It's a nice timepiece and will surely make heads turn. I got mine during the "Time is Bold" event jointly organized by Men's Style Magazine, Fred Perry and Saab. The crown didn't scratch and the weight on the wrist felt good. They might have improved the later batches but mine, I wish the swinging panel in the back is quieter (perhaps the glass backing just not thick enuf).

Look for Chris (he could be at the Robertson Walk or Raffles City, not too sure)... he's a good guy and don't pressure sell. He might be able to help you with better discounts and stuff. Do PM me if you need his contact no.

post-2179-0-25473400-1357145890_thumb.jpg

post-2179-0-61320600-1357145907_thumb.jpg

It's a nice timepiece and will surely make heads turn. I got mine during the "Time is Bold" event jointly organized by Men's Style Magazine, Fred Perry and Saab. The crown didn't scratch and the weight on the wrist felt good. They might have improved the later batches but mine, I wish the swinging panel in the back is quieter (perhaps the glass backing just not thick enuf).

Look for Chris (he could be at the Robertson Walk or Raffles City, not too sure)... he's a good guy and don't pressure sell. He might be able to help you with better discounts and stuff. Do PM me if you need his contact no.

Hey that's the one I'm eyeing!! Is that a 45mm or 55mm? Naise!!

Okok... Do Pm me his contact ya.. Thanks..!

I tend to keep them for quite a long time unless I'm looking to trade up which I rarely do...

If that's the case, don't worry too much about the re-sale value. As long as it's within your budget, get it and wear it in good health.  :D

Hey that's the one I'm eyeing!! Is that a 45mm or 55mm? Naise!! Okok... Do Pm me his contact ya.. Thanks..!

Sorry, I missed your Qn... mine is 55mm coz the 45mm is a tad too small for my wrist.

Ok that makes so much sense... So it's a race to see who can keep longer than who haha...

Ultimately we buy watches that we like, and the price we pay is the value that we set it. The watch is for me to wear and look at, and not for the benefit or admiration of others. So yes, U-Boat doesn't make its own movements, and is a relatively young company, but then again there are some "high-end" watch companies that don't make their own movements either, and some that charge thousands for a quartz movement. I wouldn't worry about what people say about what watch I wear.. it's all personal preference!

• Like 1

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

but then again there are some "high-end" watch companies that don't make their own movements either, and some that charge thousands for a quartz movement. I wouldn't worry about what people say about what watch I wear.. it's all personal preference!

and some that charge a premium of $5-10k for the same movement, different dial marketing strategy.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Bro, UBoat is a good watch I have 1 too... It does make people give your watch a second look when worn.... I got mine for 2k 3 yrs ago...I couple of months back someone I met in a club offered me 4k for my watch.....so I believe this is worth it....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Bro, UBoat is a good watch I have 1 too... It does make people give your watch a second look when worn.... I got mine for 2k 3 yrs ago...I couple of months back someone I met in a club offered me 4k for my watch.....so I believe this is worth it....

I have this feeling too that its gonna get more popular... I heard from some of the watch traders they have improve the latest series from mineral to sapphire glass but strangely they still retain mineral glass portion for back exhibition case? Funny no?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Seanny" data-cid="162370" data-time="1357318476"><p>

I have this feeling too that its gonna get more popular... I heard from some of the watch traders they have improve the latest series from mineral to sapphire glass but strangely they still retain mineral glass portion for back exhibition case? Funny no?</p></blockquote>

Bro, I think the back is against our skin, so less likely to get scratches....

On a saperate note, not many people can wear the watch as its big, so less come as compared to lolac and homega....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...