• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

[W211 E230] Have i bought myself a bottomless pit?

Fifthmay

Dear Bros...

I stumbled upon this forum while I was looking for answers pertaining to CEL on my W211

You see, i have taken over a Oct'07 W211 E230 with an existing CEL on condition, the dealer had promised
to solve the problem but after 2 rounds of rectifying with his workshop. The warning light still came back.

I had enough and went down to C&C for an engine diagnostics check yesterday and this is what it says

post-2833-0-45245200-1355969116_thumb.jpg

Any bros kind enough to enlighten me what shit i am in for and also C&C had recommended that to check the manifold, camshaft and some
hoses which could be leaking to trigger the CEL. Total cost: approx $4,000+ 

The dealer refuses repair at C&C and had recommended another workshop to me (HIN LUNG), any kind advise will be greatly appreciated.

Jackie

post-2833-0-45245200-1355969116_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i've been sending my car to TJ Car Care at bukit merah for the longest time - super honest guy (his name also called Dennis) so you might also want to get a second opinion there. In my previous jaguar, what was quoted to be a $3K job by the AD was eventually solved by order a new MAF sensor for $35 on ebay. i might also suggest you try some overseas Merc forums for advice (esp when their culture is a lot more DIY than us in Singapore :)

• 2 years later...

Just hijack this thread

I was driving my E280 to work this morning and only realise the Check engine light was on

car drives as per normal

sent the car straight to TOP 93 for check up and was told to be a air mass sensor plus some leaks in the vacumm hose, will get it rectified and do a service also.

car still has 6 more months of life.

• 2 weeks later...