• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Feedback on B170

Sorc

Hi Everyone, am new here, need some feedbacks from the pros here.

I am currently looking at a pre-owned B170 registered in 2009 and was wondering on the pros and cons of the car. If the ex owner is in this forum will be better as I can know better on the history as well, plate is 3424.

Not really liking that the side mirror cannot be folded though.

Thanks in advance for feedbacks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome hope someone here can help u out on yr question.

One more issue observed, ex b class steering wheel buttons n plastics surrounding them felt sticky. Is it issue of parts degradation? Could any b class owner comment?

yes, common problem but doesn't cost much to have it all cubic-printed, or you can even use chemicals to scrap them off to have just plastic. 

How about gearbox and engine? Any problem? I asked around, for gearbox overhaul will cost around $7K

dun ever worry about merc engines ... probably the best around. and little issues with this CVT gearbox (dun be scared by people talking about it being a mitsubishi CVT tranny or their nissan CVTs breaking down etc). Just make sure you maintain it well by flushing it every 40000km and it will be fine (for me, i kiasee a bit so flush every 10000km since it's not expensive)