• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Weird sound from rear tires

SLKtigress

Ok so the last time I drove was 3-4 days ago...

Normally when the car's in D it'll start moving automatically but today it felt like it was stuck. I had to step on the accelerator pedal quite a bit before the car finally moved and this was accompanied by a loud 'pong' sound which seemed to be coming from the rear tires... it was pretty startling.

Not the first time it's happened... if I drive daily there's no such problem, but if I don't drive for a couple of days I notice this happening.

Anyone has any idea why? Thanks in advance...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its your rear brakes. Sometimes the rear brakes tend to lock even when you have released the footbrake (handbrake), particularly so if the car hasn't moved for days. Try not to fully engage the footbrake for prolonged period, or look for a flat area to park that doesn't need to use footbrake...using only P (gear).

Next time put to D and then get out of the car and give it a small push!! Shld works!!

hahaha wa lau... don't sabo me lei... later I too strong then push until it langah the neighbour's car how... i don't want to kenna stomp also...

Dont know leh my replica moderator say one!!

but I don't feel safe parking without using the handbrake eh. I have this irrational phobia that the car will roll away if the wind is too strong...

Yr ride is handbrake not footbrake?? Is the former can do the reverse flick ask yr good fren Tanzy boy to show u.

She's throwing tantrums. ... go for a high speed run with the QX S60 along KJE... will solve the problem..

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill