• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Vehicle pulling left

Tanzy

Yup. It happens to almost all the new MB cars. It really depends on whether the drivers accept it or feel it.

Anyway, it has been fixed!

By increasing right front castor forwards and moving the left front castor backwards, it has reduced the pulling to almost nil.

All that is required is MB Part No. 000 330 00 18, camber bolts for W211 and MB Part No. 000 333 10 71, washer shims for W204, to make it align properly.

The downside is that this fix has reduce the camber on the left to 1° 13' and increased right side camber to 2°, previously it was about 1°30' for both sides. This means that it is not ideal for a clockwise track like Sepang. I might have to get a full coilover system to settle that problem but at least the car drives properly now.

I lost you after 'it's been fixed'

I'm just glad my car is going straight now! :D

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

In layman's terms, the adjustment of the front wheel castors is to tell the left wheel to steer right a little bit and the right wheel to stay straight. This will resolve the left pull issue.

ignore the camber info. it can be left as another topic. :mom:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Yup. It happens to almost all the new MB cars. It really depends on whether the drivers accept it or feel it.

Anyway, it has been fixed!

By increasing right front castor forwards and moving the left front castor backwards, it has reduced the pulling to almost nil.

All that is required is MB Part No. 000 330 00 18, camber bolts for W211 and MB Part No. 000 333 10 71, washer shims for W204, to make it align properly.

The downside is that this fix has reduce the camber on the left to 1° 13' and increased right side camber to 2°, previously it was about 1°30' for both sides. This means that it is not ideal for a clockwise track like Sepang. I might have to get a full coilover system to settle that problem but at least the car drives properly now.

Ur issue sounds familar to my w203 then, prob is more pronounced if u upsize rims. However i got both the camber / castor bolts (understand its the same part nbr) & problem solved. Setting higher castor angles also meant better turn-in response (dunno if that is thecorrect term to use) acc to my butt feel.

Thanks for the 3 million TOTO nos, please be choon hor as i m planning to change to C63.

1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13

• Like 2

I take 15%. Very reasonable.

Swee!!! If grp 2 or below can only go for C63 replica bodykit.