• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

where to enjoy dinner for 2

Ah Bui

Told u liao that's comfort food! Tmr I type one list for u in case tonight nobody recommend u lol

Kam Sia Berrie mei mei.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I try my best to eat and get fat Liao..... But still cannot.............

So envious... I breath also will go fat...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

So envious... I breath also will go fat...

Haha. U very kua zhang leh!! Anyway rendezvous hotel got not bad buffet... View is ok nia.. Another place for Japanese buffet is at great world city, get to eat free flow of crab......

Kam Sia Berrie mei mei.....

Not auntie meh? Haha..

Haha. U very kua zhang leh!! Anyway rendezvous hotel got not bad buffet... View is ok nia.. Another place for Japanese buffet is at great world city, get to eat free flow of crab......

Not auntie meh? Haha..

when you are at the mercy of others... it's best u be nice to them.....

I love Morton... the best place for steaks... But really cannot catch the accent of the captain... been the so many times and still cannot catch what the F he is really yaking.... Too Fast and too English... Too bad now I don go cos my Tow Kay don eat beef...

Bro, for me if want nice environment, u can try boomerang @ Robertson. But not buffet. They got kangaroo meet.

If steak, go prime society @ Dempsey. Nice place.

Steak is out cos my Tow Kay don eat beef... But if I were to eat cow... I'll go to Morton... Miss them... Cos I don eat them when she's around... Respect... And where I go she's always around....

...wah...I so the envy Polisi wifey....wahhh so the romantic...bravo....tt is the way...;)...

....if you are into just relaxing and chilling out and reminiscing old times with yr Mrs...dun go buffet La...concentrate on food, how to concentrate on wifey...;)??!!

...hve Sum quieter plc.....romance Wifey a bit....buy a small Gifts oso not bad ley....;)...suggestion onli la, from a woman's point of view mah...

...hve u heard of House @ Barrack, Dempsey Hill? It is where the british armies used to stay and the settings amongst lustrous trees and candle lights might just bring a smile 2 wifey's face...romantic outdoor alfresco sitting if you wan more privacy...remember to look around for sittings behind...nice...

...if not, indoor is airconditioned. Their speciality back den was their 1 meter long sausages and their vegetable drinks....now Skinny pizzas r doing 1 meter long sausages too...

It has a spa upstairs, u might like to wind dwn first, with massage, in the couple room...b4 dinner. Since it's a Sunday, call 1st 2 enquiry...

post-1450-0-00096400-1349978486_thumb.jpg

View in the day...

Attached below is the link for u 2 look at...

House

www.dempseyhouse.com/

HOUSE, Spa Esprit Group's first venture into the F&B arena, opened in 2007 as an ambitious ... Nestled in the forest of Dempsey Hill, the former British military barracks has been refashioned into a whimsical dining space. ... singapore 249672 ...

...wad abt Green Wood Fish Bistro...? Nice seafood & Mussels? I always like mussels ...yummy...especially in wine sauce..

Retail Market 11.00 am - 10.00 pm (Everyday)

Restaurant 12.00 noon - 10.30 pm ( Everyday)

Takeaway 11.30 am - 10.30 pm

Tel: +65 6467 4950

Fax: +65 6467 4965

Email: [email protected]

Address: No. 34 & 38 Greenwood Avenue, Singapore 289236

post-1450-0-89992500-1349979744_thumb.jpg

......The below not I write one huh...I onli kaypoh copied 4 polisi....;)!!

Along Greenwood Avenue, in the Bukit Timah area, you would be forgiven for thinking you had stumbled into another Holland Village!

Buzzing with quietly elegant activity, the curved strip along the avenue is home to the flavours of France, Italy, Switzerland, Japan and Singapore, among others. Nestled cheek by jowl, the restaurants and shops attract a diverse crowd looking for that elusive something special.

Sitting snugly in the midst of this cosmopolitan scene is GREENWOOD FISH MARKET and BISTRO, at number 34 & 38 Greenwood Avenue, opened in Jan 2004. A new extension of 80 seats (40 indoor/40 alfresco) and additional concepts of a Sushi/Sashimi Bar, Bakery & Wine Shop (over 120 labels of highly sought after and boutique wines) brings Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro to 130 seats to cater to the quiet middle class neighbourhood of Greenwood.

Specializing in coldwater fish and seasonal seafood from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and local waters, the range of raw and cooked items attracts regular clientele.

In the front window tank, Australian lobsters swim happily, while just inside the entrance to the combined fish market and bistro, Boston lobsters hold court. Whole fresh fish on ice includes John Dory, Barramundi (wonderful when wrapped in banana leaves and barbecued!), Pink Snapper, Monkfish, Salmon and Red Coral Trout, to mention a few. Fillets of fish are readily available, vacuum-packed in small portions to make for easy thawing selection in a home environment. Also our seasonal supply of Wild Alaskan Sockeye & Chinook salmon.

Ready-to-eat, pre-packed, condiments are proving enormously popular – good to munch with wine and beer – Cooked live prawns, seasoned cuttlefish, smoked salmon, cooked live lobster and the crowd-puller tubs of pasteurized crabmeat. Alaskan king crab legs add to the tempting range, as do live oysters, scallops, soft shell crab and mussels. Fresh sardines, hard to come by, are a draw-card.

In the chiller, produce to make up a nice meal is displayed (Freshly baked Forcassia, Rye with walnut, Ciabatta, European breads, mesculin mix, rockets, asparagus, portobello mushrooms, potatoes and other fresh vegetables), while a selection of some wine also beckons, making a quick and convenient one-stop gourmet shopping experience.

Walk through the compact fish market and enter the intimate Bistro, seating 50, welcoming with its Mediterraneon décor and open kitchen. Not neglecting a 20-seater Alfresco dining. Great seafood platters are a highlight, suitable for appetizers or main courses, individually or shared. Salads, soups, pasta, all reflect a seafood theme and there is meat for those who prefer. Alternatively, customers can opt for take-away fish and chips! Try our famous Hokubee beef if you're a meat-lover.

The Fish Market is open 11am-10pm. The Bistro does full day dining in daily from 12noon onwards. Reservations are encouraged for Tuesdays, Fridays. weekend nights and eves of public holidays. Dress code is casual, as this is a place to relax, unwind and enjoy the bounty of the sea at its best.

Wild salmon! They are caught in "Cook's Inlet" in Alaska as well as in the Kenai Peninsula (Kenai, Russia, Kasilof Rivers). They are available fresh for 2 months every year only.

Chinook Salmon (aka King Salmon) are generally considered the richest and most flavourful of all salmons. Its high oil content serves it well on the grill or under the broiler. Sockeye salmon carry a considerable amount of fat, making it an important source of the omega-3 fatty acids that are important for a heart-healthy diet. The amount of omega-3 also gives the meat a rich and intricate flavour.

If you're a fan of salmon, come down to the restaurant to try them. Our staff would recommend you the best method of cooking to ensure a delightful experience.

...Prive? Keppel Bay... The view at nite is overlooking waters with lots of...yachts Nia La....but damn nice for lomantic dinner & drink...alfresco style ...but if scared 2 hot...inside air conditioned la...I prefer alfresco...Ang Moh Pia...;)!!

...near our last buffet @ Peony...turn in one road before I think...like before Carribean ley...the Road Will lead u to a Nice bridge....b4 the Club...nice quiet plc. There is oso a nice Japanese restaurant on 2nd floor and TCC...afterwards, if u fancy a coffe & dessert.....TCC jus next to Jap restaurant...

2 Keppel Bay Vista, Marina At Keppel Bay

Cuisine

Modern European, Steakhouse

Menu

Josper Grill

Hours

Mon-Fri: 12-3pm, 6:30-11:30pm

Sat: 6:30-11:30pm

Closed Sunday

Serves

Dinner, Lunch

Good For

Business Meetings, Fine Dining, Private Functions, Quiet Dinner, Romantic Dates

...Sentosa..? Go Barnacles...Nice small restaurant in middle of I dunno how to describe where...

Barnacles Restaurant

Barnacles Restaurant is located by the waterfront and offers a panoramic view of the South China Sea. This seafood and grill restaurant has a Chinese and a Western kitchen, offering diners a myriad of dining delights. The Sunday Garden Party by the Sea offers a delectable seafood buffet spread by the waterfront featuring freshly-shucked French oysters. Besides a dedicated buffet counter, children can also enjoy activities on the garden lawn.

Type of View: Sea View

Operating Hrs: Mon - Sun:

Dinner: 6pm – 10:30pm

Bar: 6pm - 12am

Sunday Garden Party by the Sea: 12nn – 3pm

(Prior reservations encouraged)

Telephone: 6371 1966post-1450-0-78268000-1349981433_thumb.jpg

...wad abt Da Paolo @ chip bee...Jalan Mera Saga....their tiramisu ...yummy...& I personally find their squid ink pasta...ohhh sooo yummylicious ....drool...;)!!

Da Paolo Ristorante is a true rarity among restaurants, as it provides a total dining experience. It begins with exceptional service and full attention to the finest detail. It is complemented by a carefully honed wine list, featuring a selection from some of Italy's most renowned boutique vintners. It thrills with authentic pasta dishes, artistically created by our team of international chefs. And it is made complete with an old-world ambience engendered by elegant architectural surroundings. Ristorante – not simply a meal, but a total dining experience.

post-1450-0-17107800-1349983054_thumb.jpgpost-1450-0-65011100-1349983076_thumb.jpg

...I think Fattytey ish screaming by now.....stop stop STOP....!!! Hehe....I beta keep quiet liow....hehe...lol..;)!

....but i beta tell u oso....if u choose Da Paolo @ Chip Bee ...there r 2 restaurants by them, one serves dessert and the other served only main or pizza or sumthing ley...pls check w them...

...den after dinner ..can walk back to front of Chip Bee for ice cream near the cookery school...yummy ice cream there very popular too...;)!

Buffet List

1) Mezza9 (Grand Hyatt Hotel)

2) Basilico Restaurant (The Regent)

3) 10 @ Claymore (Pan Pacific Orchard, not Marina hor)

4) Marriot Cafe (Marriot Hotel but mixed reviews)

5) Todai @ MBS (Jap buffet)

Otherwise go for nice chi food like what whitemerc said...

Chi Food List

1) Humble Hse @ Esplanade

2) Royal China @ Raffles hotel

3) Taste Paradise @ Ion

4) St Regis

5) Imperial Treasure @ Paragon (Pekking duck is yummy! But have to call in adv to book)

6) Crystal Jade Golden Palace @ Paragon (Nwdays they've dinner set $68 / $78 / $88 per pax....looks yummy leh)

I think for me so long there's nice food, don't really need to be very atas otherwise how to enjoy?!? Must make the monie spent worthwhile mah! So variety is impt! If dating then different setting olreadi...

I agree with Chocs, you should bring her to normal dining, not buffet.. i think thats when you really be able to spend quality time... cos the food will be served to you..

Da paolo is good for their tiramisu! ate it, and it taste fantastic.. not sure about their main meal though.

Greenwood fish bistro.. went there last week. please ensure you make reservation before going there. a lot of variety of fish.. but a bit confusing for me as there are just too many. not as romantic as the rest of the places that i told you about. but still not bad as it is in the middle of bukit timah and surrounded by all the landed property.. hence it is a bit quiet..

Prive's TCC has one of the better view.. So you might want to check that out too... food is just like any other TCC you go.. I think it is reasonably priced for the food you eat..

Greenwood no parking. Drive around curse and swear. Then no choice valet park. Eat dinner come back see valet kerb rims, curse and swear again.

Not romantic!

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus