• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Spark plugs and Engine Oil

Babolat

Hi,

Sorry if this is a repeated post; I see much activities in sections from B, C & E class etc. But the CLK section is rather spooky to enter....

I just did my 26,000km servicing. Asked the Chip Soon Staff about spark plugs change, and they told me I can change it at 30,000km servicing. Anyway got any idea what stock plugs W209 use? Are they iridium plugs? And do we really need to change plugs at 30,000km?

Last time when I was using Denso Iridium IK22G (Iridium power); I change them every 40,oookm. Unless it's Iridium Tough; then it can last 100,oookm.

Any experts to advice?

Plus : Anyone on Motul 300V engine oil? I have been using it for my previous ride; sworn by this oil, but I don't know how well it will go with a Kompressor engine....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My W245 is using normal Denso sparks and I changed it recently after 50k, 3.5 years. Check your manual it's stated inside.

I checked my manual....there's nothing on spark plugs...

Just stating not to touch them when the engine starts.....

• 3 weeks later...

I was surprised when C & C changed my stock spark plugs at 28000km++ when I m having a routine 20k km servicing only!

:beerhat:

Double check w the Ubi SC SA and was informed tat they ve changed fr a better type Denso Iridium and it will last approx. 60k km. :gym:

Last Tues was at StarBlack fr EO basic services and gets quotation fr 60k km servicing package and it incl the replacement of new Spark plugs. I ve checked with the Advisor and was told tat it will last at least 60k km too. They will double check the condition of my current Spark Plugs upon sendg it fr service and advice firmly thereafter. :mail: