• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hello everyone! Just got my '11 C180K..

Hello everyone..

Just took over a coming to one year old C180K, for a day to be precise. Still trying to figure out some of the stuff in dash.. and reading the owner's manual..

So far so good except I discovered a defect on the rear seat backrest.. It looks like some chemical reaction and caused a patch of the leather looks faded :(

I read on some info before viewing and deciding on the purchase.. I asked about extended warranty, service credit if available, the seller said no. So I am left with 2 years warranty.. Suddenly fear for hidden problems which the seller did not reveal..

Nthless, I hope I can learn more from everyone here.. :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your new ride, minor cosmetic flaws are unavoidable, and some bros will have it even on new cars.

Dont worry you still have 2 years of warranty with CnC (I assume) so they would be able to cover you for most major issues, if any.

Just enjoy your new ride!

Congrats. Bought from Republic?

2nd hand car will unfortunatelyhave some minor defects on leather, scratches on panel etc. Just close both eyes and enjoy.

oh not from republic.. advertised by owner but I found out he's doing car export business, and I think he's dealing with used cars too.. So I dun believe that's his car..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks bros.. yeah I am learning to live with the minor defects :)

Just to check.. is it normal the coolant temperature is showing at 90-100 degrees celsius? Made me feel like it's gonna overheat anytime..

it's normal.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Welcome bro. I think its normal to fear about defect. Most important is mechanically its sound, the rest can be "touched up". The options can be endless from 2nd hand stuff (from Propel) to brand new. It is sometime a joy to slowly "restore" a nice ride back to it former glory. My newly purchased 15 year old W210 is slowly coming back to life. Now it just needs to replace the chrome bumper trim, restore some dents in the doors, a good polish, restore the scuffed rims......etc. In the end, its quite enjoyable.

Kelvin

1999 Mazada 323 Famli Navy Blue

2003 Toyota Corolla XLi FL Burgundy

2007 Toyota Wish X FL Black

2012 Pre-Facelift W210 E200 Elegance Black

Welcome bro. I think its normal to fear about defect. Most important is mechanically its sound, the rest can be "touched up". The options can be endless from 2nd hand stuff (from Propel) to brand new. It is sometime a joy to slowly "restore" a nice ride back to it former glory. My newly purchased 15 year old W210 is slowly coming back to life. Now it just needs to replace the chrome bumper trim, restore some dents in the doors, a good polish, restore the scuffed rims......etc. In the end, its quite enjoyable.

Thanks bro.. I was contemplating on getting a W210 much earlier.. Dropped the idea after a while. I fear the unexpected repair and maintenance costs. Maybe just share what made me so wanted a W210 back then.. here's the link.. i wanted to do up just like that (except the white roof)..