• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advise on ML

Guest Scooby75

Guest Scooby75

Hi....am a newbie to this forum. Was looking at a preowned ML350 but discovered the new ML will come in Mid 2012 in sg. Will the new ML be anything significantly different from the current model? Like the look of the latest ML that was sold out ..... Very masculine n fierce. The new model looks more subtle to me B)

Any advise from merc folks here? :woohoo:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs
Hi....am a newbie to this forum. Was looking at a preowned ML350 but discovered the new ML will come in Mid 2012 in sg. Will the new ML be anything significantly different from the current model? Like the look of the latest ML that was sold out ..... Very masculine n fierce. The new model looks more subtle to me B)

Welcome!! Our mod Unker batam is driving ML too. WRU Unker!!

Guest kepiting1sg

IIRC the new ML350 has the newer engine which is another 30 bhp than the current one.

More wood to the dash & come with the new HU.

The seats adjustment controls are now on the door instead on the seats.

It's a complete new model!

I guess the prices of the new ML350 will be much higher than the outgoing model.

For more details read the thread on the new W166 ML 2012 in this folder.

Guest Scooby75

yub have gone through the w166 thread .... Agree with you the price of new model should be high and something I am not ready to pay the price for. New models are always desirable, but we have to be realistic n fit our budget.

Now the preowned search begins ..... Wish me luck!

Guest kepiting1sg
yub have gone through the w166 thread .... Agree with you the price of new model should be high and something I am not ready to pay the price for. New models are always desirable, but we have to be realistic n fit our budget.

Now the preowned search begins ..... Wish me luck!

The 2011 W164 comes with DRL lights which the earlier models don't!

Keep us updated!

Good Luck!

Guest kepiting1sg
Targeting a Jul 2010 ml350 .... Dun think it has any DRL. Cost abt 200k though ...best prx already.
!

Jul '10 COE should be "decent" & OMV near $60k?

Important U happy with the ride! :)

Guest Scooby75

Yes is this exact model but a diff colour .... At republic. The colour is champagne gold :woohoo:

Coe is ard 40 k n omv ard 60k ..... A sweet prx to pay though is higher by 10k than outside mkt .

Stll haggling over my current ride sales though :side: :S :side: Lots of insincere buyers ard. Sigh....

More luck needed , n thks for all yr replies. Appreciated your moral support :lol:

Guest kepiting1sg
GL lagi lonelier

Sama lah! Same family xcept yours is Papa & ML is son.

Due to the rarity esp yours add to the uniqueness!

Have a pleasant Sun Bro! :)

Guest Scooby75

I oso want to join MLleague.... It's definitely a head turner on the road :silly:

Have never seen a GL on the road though ....but if I do see one I'll turn :sick: With envy

Went to see shuang hup model tdy .... Condition is not pristine , is acceptable for preowned n priced competitively

Like the amg and the alancantra leather . Swee! is the word

Back to reality..... Still trying very hard to get rid of my ride.

Guest Scooby75

OK Folk !!! Have made the plunge :lol: and gotten a 2010 ML350. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Something needs to be changed and its the tires! 2 rear conti tires which I believe is OEM and perhaps need to be changed. The fronts are Pirelli Rosso and believed was changed recently, as the hairs are still present on the inner face.

Questions : :lol:

1. should I change all or just the rear? read that P-zero rossos are low comfort and wears fast.

2. what tire is most suitable for MLs ?

Delivery of car should be next week, so any advise is much greatly appreciated. Cant wait till then...... :silly:

Guest Scooby75

wow .....22 inchers cost 500-600 is a steal !

called up my regular tire shop , 255/50R19 tires not readily available. Only have Bridgestone OEMs .... :(

seems like got to source around more.....

BTW I'm selling my 2 pcs front Pirelli Pzero Rosso Tires....any ML folks want to adopt? Details in the WTS thread

Qn: is it acceptable to use 2 sets of different makes/model tires for front n back? Reason is the dealer recently changed the front tires and not the rear. Thinking of just changing the rear only cos it's almost due for change. :S

Guest kepiting1sg

Congrats on your new ride!

See U at our gtg!

Change the rear to fit the front!

IIRC

My Ml came stock oem Pirreli Scorpion!

Did 8k km so far quiet!

Guest Scooby75

Yes bro ..... thought of that too, change the rears to match the front. Only concern I read the Pzeros have bad wears on them . Anyway bad wears should be better than throwing 2 new front tires away!. :side:

Now waiting for collection of cars these 2 days.....the wait is excruciating. :pinch:

have already scheduled a sonax grooming session to groom it swee swee after collection. Will change out the rear tires as soon as collection.

:lol: Have a great week ahead

• 1 month later...

i lost count how many cars you have liao...

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

just changed 4 of my ML tyres, 255/50/19, GT Radial something, only $230 a piece!

they had Bridgestones at $450 or Michelins at $500 but economy not good lah.. :P

wow ..... great price.

Got the Rosso at 450 apiece.

Let me know how the GT performs, might have to consider them the next time I change.

Next wear and tear part coming up is rear brake pads.... C&C mention only 15% left on rears and 40% on front .

not sure y the "huge" difference" in wear though. Any idea the cost for changing the pads?

just did the brake pads/rotors change at c&c. total came up to ~3k. might be cheaper doing it at one of our site sponsors. my mum brought the car in without me knowing though so couldn't advise her against it.

so far, the tyres have far exceeded my expectations. smooth, extremely quiet, comfortable, and grip seems good too! just need to monitor the tyre wear. has a wear rating of 300 so i'm not so sure they will last that long. the guy at the tyre shop said it should be comparable to the michelins and pirellis though. all in all, very happy with them. :D

wow ! 3K for brake pads and rotors ..... it's a luxurious price to pay.

I hope it's for all 4 front and rears. Yikes..... better start looking for OEMs and site sponsors .

Thanks for warning bro!

wow ! 3K for brake pads and rotors ..... it's a luxurious price to pay.

I hope it's for all 4 front and rears. Yikes..... better start looking for OEMs and site sponsors .

Thanks for warning bro!

http://www.rockauto.com Look for your appropriate ML model under the catalog.

OEM from Centric(they mfr for StopTech) only US$7X per rotor. Brake pads front and rear combined won't cost you more than US$100 depending on brand. Get the brake wear sensors for US$5.47 mfr'd by Beck Arnley.

Akebono is another trusted OEM mfr.

If you don't mind using OEM brands you will save a lot of money.

I have used rockauto.com to buy lots of parts and they've been exceptional value for money. Make sure to check shipping rates direct from rock auto.com and compare with borderlinx.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the great Tip! OEM prx really "rock bottom" :wub:

Any idea how much more are the original MB parts if we were to get from local stockist?

2 types you can go for.

Packaged with MB box commands a premium.

ODM for MB (ie, Bilstein, Brembo) without MB box ends up being cheaper dependent on component.