• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Seeking advise for renewed 2009 C180

8 minutes ago, Alcy said:

I’m considering getting a 11-12 year old 2009 C180, 140-150k mileage. My concern is it’s reliability. Anyone can advise and share your experiences on the reliability and common failing of parts? Many thanks!

My Bro has renewed his 2009 C200 (PI) last year.

His mileage was near to 200k km.

• Thanks 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

24 minutes ago, Alcy said:

I’m considering getting a 11-12 year old 2009 C180, 140-150k mileage. My concern is it’s reliability. Anyone can advise and share your experiences on the reliability and common failing of parts? Many thanks!

Check the timing cam. It will be ratting during cold start if it is bad. W204 C180k is generally a very reliable car with accessable parts. Wear and tear parts to replace are radiator hoses, bushes, engine mounts.. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your advise, much appreciated! Is their part replacements expensive? How much do the parts range from and how frequently do they require replacements? Do they differ a lot from a Honda? Sorry for bombing so much questions, I’m new to merc. 😅

W204 parts are not really “expensive” especially for routine wear & tear replacements.

important is to get a reliable workshop that you can work with. 

i had a Honda but that was 28 yrs ago so no comments. 

My first MB was a 1977 W123 200E 

i m on my 9Th MB with some Audi in between 

important for you is to get a reliable workshop to check the conditions of the car, do a full diagnostic run & validate the odometer reading (can't run away with the diagnostic checks)

• Thanks 1

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 1:28 PM, Lawman said:

Check the timing cam. It will be ratting during cold start if it is bad. W204 C180k is generally a very reliable car with accessable parts. Wear and tear parts to replace are radiator hoses, bushes, engine mounts.. 

Thank you for your advise, much appreciated! Is their part replacements expensive? How much do the parts range from and how frequently do they require replacements? Do they differ a lot from a Honda? Sorry for bombing so much questions, I’m new to merc. 😅 

On 6/25/2020 at 1:20 AM, kepiting1sg said:

W204 parts are not really “expensive” especially for routine wear & tear replacements.

important for you is to get a reliable workshop to check the conditions of the car, do a full diagnostic run & validate the odometer reading (can't run away with the diagnostic checks)

Thank you! I appreciate your time taken and kind advise! 😊  Pardon me for the mess. I’m new with forums. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:20 AM, kepiting1sg said:

apologies to revive a dead thread.

similar to thread starter, i just got myself a 2009 C180K and i do have my fair share of concerns.
you did mention to get a reliable workshop.

given your experience and your multitude of previous MB rides, which workshop do you go to often? 
looking forward to the recommendations.

2 hours ago, wandez said:

apologies to revive a dead thread.

similar to thread starter, i just got myself a 2009 C180K and i do have my fair share of concerns.
you did mention to get a reliable workshop.

given your experience and your multitude of previous MB rides, which workshop do you go to often? 
looking forward to the recommendations.

Make a search for recommended workshop, there will be a list of them.

Here's one

Cheers