A350900

Servicing - How Often if Low Usage

2 posts in this topic

Hello, newbie here. 

I recently picked up a 1997 Mercedes Benz 230E and drive it sparingly for perhaps only about one weekend a month. 

Given that mileage accrual is low, it may take some time before it hits the mechanic’s recommended mileage for the next servicing. That is, it may take about 2 years or even more. The last service was in April 2018. It has still not reached the indicated mileage. 

My question is: should I send the car for servicing at a frequency based on time lapse since the last servicinginstead of based on mileage accrual? 

If so, what is the recommended or maximum time I should allow, before bringing the car for its next servicing?

I was told the interval should not be more than a year, is this correct?

Thank you in advance!

On 11/06/2019 at 11:39 AM, A350900 said:

Hello, newbie here. 

I recently picked up a 1997 Mercedes Benz 230E and drive it sparingly for perhaps only about one weekend a month. 

Given that mileage accrual is low, it may take some time before it hits the mechanic’s recommended mileage for the next servicing. That is, it may take about 2 years or even more. The last service was in April 2018. It has still not reached the indicated mileage. 

My question is: should I send the car for servicing at a frequency based on time lapse since the last servicinginstead of based on mileage accrual? 

If so, what is the recommended or maximum time I should allow, before bringing the car for its next servicing?

I was told the interval should not be more than a year, is this correct?

Thank you in advance!

I recall is every 15k mileage or 1 year whichever earlier.