• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

COE Cat A or Cat B for renewing a 10 years old Mercedes C180 and C200..... HELP!!!!!

azecglas

Hi,

I am new here and would like to buy a old Mercedes C class of nearly 10 years old.

Can any experts here please educate me what exactly is the real renewal of COE is (Cat A or B????) for a year 2008 or 2009 Mercedes C class (C180 or C200) which is due for next COE renewal? 

I thought I read somewhere before that its supposed to be CAT A but the car agents are telling me it is CAT B????

Please help to clarify.

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/11/2018 at 9:10 PM, azecglas said:

Hi,

I am new here and would like to buy a old Mercedes C class of nearly 10 years old.

Can any experts here please educate me what exactly is the real renewal of COE is (Cat A or B????) for a year 2008 or 2009 Mercedes C class (C180 or C200) which is due for next COE renewal? 

I thought I read somewhere before that its supposed to be CAT A but the car agents are telling me it is CAT B????

Please help to clarify.

Thanks.

You will renew at whatever cat the car was initially registered with. Take a look at the log card and you should be able to see. If not, check out sgcarmart for equivalent model and year and see what they renewed at. 

You can check the pqp here: https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/COE_Result_2015_2018.pdf