Bernard

K&N filter ... any good?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have seen youtube videos on K&N filters used in mercedes. Any good?

Personally i have been using such performance filter and have noted a decrease in low end performance. However the high end do seem to be smoother with it. 

I personally don't recommend smaller cc. vehicle to have this upgrade as it totally defeats the purpose of having a small engine which is to be responsive. And lastly, our MB Original filter is already superior in quality. Cheers!

These are oiled filter. The oil will get into your mass airflow sensor / oxygen sensor and cause issue

been using for W204 for 1.5 year.. so far so good , can't feel any difference in acceleration. K&N advertised as can last lots of miles before requiring a cleaning.. so far have yet to clean / oil it before

Hi, has been using the filter on my w204, the k&n filter can be quite dirty after short while, usually I will take it out every few months and just do simple knock the filter on floor, u will find lots of black dirt come out...for normal paper filter, I don’t get this kind of dirt.. don’t know good or bad??

Usually after the simple dirt removal, the car is more lively...

Why not wash it? just buy the K&N wash kit. Spray the detergent on the filter, let it soak for 5 mins. then rinse off. You will be more amazed at the amount of dirt trapped in it. Air Dry it for 24 hrs or use a hair dryer (don't spray dry with air gun at workshop...it will damage the filter) Then re-oil it sparingly....the filter is as good as new.

I use the K&N wash kit for my BMC filters. Same thing

On 1/24/2018 at 10:45 AM, jtang said:

Why not wash it? just buy the K&N wash kit. Spray the detergent on the filter, let it soak for 5 mins. then rinse off. You will be more amazed at the amount of dirt trapped in it. Air Dry it for 24 hrs or use a hair dryer (don't spray dry with air gun at workshop...it will damage the filter) Then re-oil it sparingly....the filter is as good as new.

I use the K&N wash kit for my BMC filters. Same thing

how often u wash it?

Every 20,000km. 

1 person likes this