• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A200 FL

Yaloryalor

I'm driving an A180 but these are tips to save petrol - I often get 98-100% on the economy page of the MFD 

1. accelerate at 2200rpm max

2. listen out for the turbo whine - it should be barely audible - try not to let it spool up too much

3. once you accelerate to desired speed, fully let go of accelerator pedal for a split second to force an upshift, before pressing accelerator lightly again

4. make use of engine braking! this car is a car that responds very well to engine braking. for e.g. - when you see a distant red light-   time your deceleration so that you only have to use the brakes for the last bit below 30kmh

5. inflate tyres to prescribed specs +20kpa (in singapore, tyres are always warm-ish so 'cold' temperatures are probably too low)

on the A180 with very similar fuel economy specs i get about 7.8l/100km (3/5 city 2/5 expressway) on the MFD, and about 8.0l/100km(12.5 km per litre) manually calculated tank-to-tank

wow ... that's good FE stats.

also driving A180 & practice above tips. but tire i increase only 5kpa

so far, only manage around 9L/100km over 7k km drive based on MFD

best trip recently was 6.3L/100km, just for 20km+ stretch from B Timah to Marymount & back.  Light morning traffic & I was able to use the Cruise Control for rather long stretches.

So maybe using Cruise Control also helps ?? 

hmmm if w176 full tanks gets only approx 400km+/-, then i think my tank has good FC, I'm getting 450km, with 65 litres. my right foot is made of heavy lead steel hehehe, tires always to 250 psi or 36 kpa, always in heavy stop and job traffic, at least 70% urban, 30% highway

you guys FC should be able to go higher.

hmmm if w176 full tanks gets only approx 400km+/-, then i think my tank has good FC, I'm getting 450km, with 65 litres. my right foot is made of heavy lead steel hehehe, tires always to 250 psi or 36 kpa, always in heavy stop and job traffic, at least 70% urban, 30% highway

you guys FC should be able to go higher.

450 with 65litres... that's really bad.

btw, i think you meant 250 kpa and 36 psi...  :D

• 1 month later...

Hi. Anyone know if CnC fits GPS or have to get after market ? Any experience n recommendation ?

CnC normally engage Tomo to install the GPS (if it's stated in your agreement if your car will come with GPS or not when you purchased the car). The GPS used is galactico and they normally quoted it as $2k

http://tomocse.com.sg/product/gps/

There are other after market options as well like Garmin GSP (Not sure how much is that) or upgrade audio 20 to command online, Command Online I think it has GPS, it around the same price as Tomo GPS (I think), you get more features and a bigger screen. You can check with Elebest for more details.

Hi. Anyone know if CnC fits GPS or have to get after market ? Any experience n recommendation ?

My recommendation when it comes to GPS is to simply use google maps on your phone. It has the knack of being able to determine the fastest route at any given time based on current traffic conditions. Only a device that is continuously connected with the internet - and with Google's vast databank of previous trips taken by other people - can do that well. 

C&C is able to fit GPS for you, but the GPS they fit is aftermarket GPS. Price range low $2000 and up.

For original Merc GPS, which is named Comand Online, you'll have to go to aftermarket shop EleBest. Price range high $2000 and up.

Cos my wife was complaining there's no place to nicely put her phone for gps .. so she asking if canintegrate into the audio 20. Given its pricing. .. I think it's better to convince her to use Google map . Haha .. thanks all for the reply

Cos my wife was complaining there's no place to nicely put her phone for gps .. so she asking if canintegrate into the audio 20. Given its pricing. .. I think it's better to convince her to use Google map . Haha .. thanks all for the reply

Get those mobile holder for windscreen. Ha.

Like me less than $20 settle.

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2016 at 10:25 PM, flipp said:

Re-wrap of the leather seats is $1500. C&C engage tomo-cse to do it locally. I'm checking with other companies to compare their quotes.

Did you manage to get a better quote? How is the quality of the fitting? I just ordered my A200 and considering whether to change or not.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a premium hatchback and has been comparing the 1 series  vs  A class  vs A3

Went down to CnC as I heard they were having some promotions for the A200.

So far the offers are as such:

Listed price: 144,888

-8k overtrade over paper value

-5000 service credit

-2500 local accessory ( solar film, 3D floormat, etc etc)

-3500 grooming package ( windscreen polishing, air con service, nano sealant? x2 , etc etc)

-Comes with TOMO front and back recording cam

-Reverse Cam

Good things I feel about the A class over the 1 series;

-Comes with apple car play

-Better looking interior

-Mercs possibly more reliable in the long-term over BMW?

-Big 3 pointed star

I thought the A200 didnt drive as well as the 1 series and I hear it has rather poor fuel efficiency as well. The insulation was also pretty poor. It didnt really feel like a powerful car to me during that short test-drive.

Insurance seems quite a bit more expensive over the 1 series as well. The Style version only comes with halogen light which is pretty ugly and most cars now have LED DRL as a standard.

Any comments?

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Silverkris said:

Can I check whether the new FL A Class has changed from 7G-DCT back to the old gearbox of 7G-Tronic?

The Mercedes Singapore website seems to have suggested so.

think likely typo. the technical data page still shows DCT

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.sg/content/singapore/mpc/mpc_singapore_website/enng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/a-class/w176/facts_/technicaldata/models.html

• 1 month later...