• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My modest mods for W205

Treestar

LOL! i had a feeling that was the answer! i read up on the other thread for the bodykit already..

Thanks guys! looks like i'll be making the orders this weekend.

Any idea if CNC will be holding any more events? like their annual roadshows kinda thing? would it be better priced?

and sorry i'm off topic ts. paiseh paiseh!

i see your mods until i also backside itchy already sia!

I would vote for c180 amg line.

AMG Line anytime! There is another discussion. Sorry feeling lazy to link here. Haha! But the consensus is, if u can afford, the higher price is very much worth it!

I vote AMG line too.

OMV will also be higher value.

Hey Guys,

This forum has been so informative on helping me decide on the ride that I want.

So now, it's down to the C180.

Problem is, do I stick with the advanguard or go for the pricy option of the AMG line? Maybe you guys can help me out here :)

I'm definitely, going for the black open pore wood mods!

And maybe install a gps into the comand system!

Downside: oct/nov delivery

Apart from that, GLA200 and CLA200 shooting break are also part of my consideration.

GO for AMG Line . It's worth the wait .

GLA is like an A class on steroids .

CLA SB is a love it or hate it  ride .

So, it's confirmed I'm going for a C180 AMG Line..

Based from the SE, it's better for me to buy the "options" as well.. Rather then fit it locally, like what you guys have done, as it's more expensive... Is this true?

I wanna do the black open pore wood for the doors and center console.. How much is the full set?

Also, the "upgrading" to GPS.

Any idea how much this is and which type to go for?

Not 100% on the burmester sound system though...

Some say it's not worth it right? Hahah

• Like 1

Based from the SE, it's better for me to buy the "options" as well.. Rather then fit it locally, like what you guys have done, as it's more expensive... Is this true?

I wanna do the black open pore wood for the doors and center console.. How much is the full set?

Definitely more ex to retrofit to amg kit instead of from factory.

• Like 1

All the bros are right..getting a stock AMG line is more worth than retrofitting it yourself...the AMG sport steering is already 3k by itself, bumper front n back is already 4k..amg grille and amg license plate bracket about 900 bucks..u do the maths..mine was cos i bought 6 mth old cnc mgmt car that shaved 20k off new car price.

Fr the open pore ash wood door trim it is about 1.6k n pls option with the silver burmester speaker casing..i only mod the tweeters and mid bass door spkrs from burmester as the sound is good enough fr me plus it is plug n play with mercedes..no splicing n cutting of wires like those fr aftermkt spkrs..

Fr GPS there are a few options dep on yr budget..1k plus fr china or taiwan made touchscreen with galatico LTA map, Up to 2k for garmin map or 5k upwards for the NTG merc original gps which provide directions on yr driver MFD...ft me i jus buy a $199 galaticp gps unit which does it job well n cheap to change if spoil n free map upgrade unlike the other options.

• Like 1

Eh! What your SE says is not very true. Retrofitting most stuff is actually much cheaper!

If it is cheaper to get from factory, retrofitting workshops would have closed down with everyone ordering straight from the factory!

How much is C&C charging for Comand Online? $10k? It can be done outside for $2-3k.

Of course certain items like panoramic roof have to be factory fitted. Some options are a "must get" from factory, but some can be done at the fraction of the cost locally. I'd suggest you do your research on what options you want for your car.

• Like 1

Buy whatever you like.... 1 wise man once said... It's your $$$... it's your ride...  whatever floats your boat.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Thanks For the advice bro!

I signed already! C180 AMG line..

Added on the black open pore wood! Red with black interior! Delivery date dec/Jan... Damn long sia the wait!

for the speaker casing, my se say don't have leh! :(

Tomorrow I'll go bug him for it again... Hahah..

I actually sold my car already and dekitted my blackvue camera which works does overnight recording as well.. Se says not advisable to use my own camera and not advisable to do recording overnight... Otherwise warranty void sia... Then when car is parked something happen how? -.-" so irritating..

I'll think about the GPS, for me it's just silly that we already have such a big screen and it doesn't have GPS built in...

So what else you plan on doing with your car? Anymore good lobang to intro? Lol

All the bros are right..getting a stock AMG line is more worth than retrofitting it yourself...the AMG sport steering is already 3k by itself, bumper front n back is already 4k..amg grille and amg license plate bracket about 900 bucks..u do the maths..mine was cos i bought 6 mth old cnc mgmt car that shaved 20k off new car price.

Fr the open pore ash wood door trim it is about 1.6k n pls option with the silver burmester speaker casing..i only mod the tweeters and mid bass door spkrs from burmester as the sound is good enough fr me plus it is plug n play with mercedes..no splicing n cutting of wires like those fr aftermkt spkrs..

Fr GPS there are a few options dep on yr budget..1k plus fr china or taiwan made touchscreen with galatico LTA map, Up to 2k for garmin map or 5k upwards for the NTG merc original gps which provide directions on yr driver MFD...ft me i jus buy a $199 galaticp gps unit which does it job well n cheap to change if spoil n free map upgrade unlike the other options.

Eh! What your SE says is not very true. Retrofitting most stuff is actually much cheaper!

If it is cheaper to get from factory, retrofitting workshops would have closed down with everyone ordering straight from the factory!

How much is C&C charging for Comand Online? $10k? It can be done outside for $2-3k.

Of course certain items like panoramic roof have to be factory fitted. Some options are a "must get" from factory, but some can be done at the fraction of the cost locally. I'd suggest you do your research on what options you want for your car.

hahah! its all been done!

but thanks bro for your inputs! 

comand online can be done for 2-3k?

ok! will do more reseach! thanks again guys!!

Confirm amg line. Don't bother with third party fitting as its gonna cost more and non original parts. Amg line have vroom vroom sound too.

Non original body kits will actually cost cheaper to retrofit.

And since when AMG line exhaust got vroom vroom sound? Placebo effect? Lol

My amg line c180 no vroomvroo sound lei. Exhaust is different frm avant-garde but sound more or less sama sama

AMG Line exhaust is still stock from factory. No change in sound or performance compared to Avantgarde or Elegance exhaust. Aesthetic difference only.

My amg line c180 no vroomvroo sound lei. Exhaust is different frm avant-garde but sound more or less sama sama

AMG Line exhaust is still stock from factory. No change in sound or performance compared to Avantgarde or Elegance exhaust. Aesthetic difference only.

Ohhh man! got me more excited nia.. LOL...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks For the advice bro!

I signed already! C180 AMG line..

Added on the black open pore wood! Red with black interior! Delivery date dec/Jan... Damn long sia the wait!

for the speaker casing, my se say don't have leh! :(

Tomorrow I'll go bug him for it again... Hahah..

I actually sold my car already and dekitted my blackvue camera which works does overnight recording as well.. Se says not advisable to use my own camera and not advisable to do recording overnight... Otherwise warranty void sia... Then when car is parked something happen how? -.-" so irritating..

I'll think about the GPS, for me it's just silly that we already have such a big screen and it doesn't have GPS built in...

So what else you plan on doing with your car? Anymore good lobang to intro? Lol

Hey guys

I actually opted for the $2k GPS option, coz my wife is bobo at directions and has had bad experiences with google maps, especially in the CBD

after reading your comments, i got a bit worried that the navigation was not built into the Audio 20 system, so i called my SE to be sure.

He confirmed that its a locally fitted GPS software that works with Audio 20 , so no additional screen.

antenna is also locally retrofitted and they update the maps for 1 year for free.

Just FYI.

Hey guys

I actually opted for the $2k GPS option, coz my wife is bobo at directions and has had bad experiences with google maps, especially in the CBD

after reading your comments, i got a bit worried that the navigation was not built into the Audio 20 system, so i called my SE to be sure.

He confirmed that its a locally fitted GPS software that works with Audio 20 , so no additional screen.

antenna is also locally retrofitted and they update the maps for 1 year for free.

Just FYI.

FYI, locally fitted GPS is much cheaper even if done by third party very reputable workshops. You can retrofit the Mercedes original navi system aka Comand System for $2k+. Comes with bigger screen, DVD player, HDD to store your music, voice commands, directional instructions shown in the instrument cluster, Internet connectivity, etc. Factory fitted Comand System will set you back $10k.
  • Like 1

Hey guys

Just FYI.

Still no Carplay for W205 under the new booking? :notfair:

Google map from Iphone using Carplay will solve this GPS problem.

Maybe Smartphone integration is still an optional package.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.sg/content/singapore/mpc/mpc_singapore_website/enng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/a-class/w176/facts_/comfort/multimedianavigation.html

FYI, locally fitted GPS is much cheaper even if done by third party very reputable workshops. You can retrofit the Mercedes original navi system aka Comand System for $2k+. Comes with bigger screen, DVD player, HDD to store your music, voice commands, directional instructions shown in the instrument cluster, Internet connectivity, etc. Factory fitted Comand System will set you back $10k.

But won't that get your warranty for Audio 20 voided?