• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

5 series vs E Class vs XF

TTL

My take from personal experience.

5-series no power. I step full throttle still car sleeping. Sian full.

E-Class too ah pek. If I drive first place I go is collect CPF.

XF petrol no power. Turbo diesel is good. But I'm afraid gear selector cannot pop up problem. That plus important meeting in the morning equals LPPL.

Had my share of struggles 2 wks ago, comparing 5 series & E class. In terms of values/packages, C&C is better. My wife loves Packtronic & sunshades that come along w. E class. The final point that made me decided on E class is the back seats, I realized E class has more legroom at the transmission tunnel area.

Heard loads of horror stories about F10 from my friends. .. And a friend's son working in Wearnes told me XF has loads of electronic issues... though it was my first choice...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

waahhhh something out of the box sia..!!

upzzz for the bobo..!

Haha yesterday went to test drive buay pia leh. During the test drive almost fall asleep coz so quiet. Looking at the price and specs is good too. But i wont buy coz bor lui and nothing to mods. Coz they dont bring in r design specs for this model, i might be wrong :)

I'm currently driving the F10 528i and have driven the XF before. Test drove the new E class before deciding on the F10. Depends on what you are looking for. Interior for me XF hands down. Only thing, car is very sluggish. It's a nice comfortable car to drive but lacks power. Also longest car of the lot so parallel parking can be a headache. Exterior new E Class. New lights plus panoramic sunroof damn nice. Older E class a bit ah pek but the new model quite chio. So why did I choose F10? It's a driver's car. Response and manoeuvrability best of the lot. 18 months already and no problems so far.