• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2015 FL B-Class

denwee

Let me add to the "confusion".

PFL W246 locally installed reverse cam comes with guide lines, able to turn on/off.

However, FL W246 locally installed reverse cam dun have guide lines. sigh........

• Like 1

Just saw the new FL W246. Any bros has lobang to change PFL parts to new FL parts?

Saw a few on the road and 1 belongs to a bro here. The tail light has diff dimensions so cannot direct fit. I stand corrected on this. Good luck!

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Let me add to the "confusion".

PFL W246 locally installed reverse cam comes with guide lines, able to turn on/off.

However, FL W246 locally installed reverse cam dun have guide lines. sigh........

This so call guideline is not dynamic kind. so i dont even use it at all. Without the lines less confusion!

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Please..... please... please.... For A,B,C and CLA Klasse...I suggest you buy from C&C.... it's just not worth the effort for  just $10k savings.... And do a research about the PI that you mentioned... There's been a lot of stories about this PI... just for your info... in the end... your $$$....  your call....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

I believe PI bring in slightly different versions with added optional features here & there

eg) CnC A180 Style only have halogen lights, but PI Style may have Intelligent Light system. Synthetic Leather vs Leather seats etc

That said, still prefer to get from AD for a new car & peace of mind.

It's annoying to read above that the 2015 FL B180 is 'downgrading' some features !

SE tells me dont rely on their website ! (WHAT ??) - in my case, there is an option on their website to change to all leather seats but in reality not offered

• 1 month later...

Thank you Silverkris!

I was just told that all B class manufactured in year 2015 comes default with 7" head unit. Only cars that opt for keyless entry and factory reverse camera will have 8" head unit. This is unlike the earlier batch which comes default in 8". You will now have to top up $1900 in order to get 8"!!

For potential buyers out there, please clarify this with your SE and make sure you don't get surprise. You should be able to use this and ask for more discount if your SE did not highlight this to you. Please also share if you hear otherwise.

Hi - I just booked the B180 2 weeks ago, and the 1900 add-on is "free" for me. Its separately billed but then net net off as against higher trade in value (same 1900 additional) so its 'free' for me. I heard this is standard package for current bookings. 

I aso gian the tail diffuser ... but can't find it yet

Anyone find it please share .. can do a GB to share the freight in.

count  me in if u intend GB ... i want to also source for brabus quad exhaust from B class, and also AMG bodykit heh

Hi - I just booked the B180 2 weeks ago, and the 1900 add-on is "free" for me. Its separately billed but then net net off as against higher trade in value (same 1900 additional) so its 'free' for me. I heard this is standard package for current bookings. 

Great. Enjoy your ride.

Only collecting around October 2015. Still some time to go, but slowly getting poisoned with the accessories haha. Is there a good website I can see for B class poisons? Heh 

In my opinion, the original car rack installed on B-class makes it looks better. And I think nothing installed on a B-class will make it look hot. It is not meant to. That's the job for A-,CLA,GLA.

Install a piggyback if you want more power.

In my opinion, the original car rack installed on B-class makes it looks better. And I think nothing installed on a B-class will make it look hot. It is not meant to. That's the job for A-,CLA,GLA.

Install a piggyback if you want more power.

Is it an option that C&C has for the car rack? Maybe I shall enquire with them further. Not looking at more power, just outlook nicer can already haha. Never mind can slowly see see look look

Just a side trivia question - what exactly is the new B Class B180 called ah? Is it "FL" prefix and not "W" prefix? Many thanks in advance for clarifications from experts here heh

Its just a facelift and not a total change model. So basically it is still a W246 model.

FL - Facelifted.

So if you want, you can call it W246-FL, or W246 (2015).

Its just a facelift and not a total change model. So basically it is still a W246 model.

FL - Facelifted.

So if you want, you can call it W246-FL, or W246 (2015).

Thank you Sir for your enlightening post. I still have a lot to learn! Is there going to be a meet-up session soon? 

Is it an option that C&C has for the car rack? Maybe I shall enquire with them further. Not looking at more power, just outlook nicer can already haha. Never mind can slowly see see look look

Just a further update and more for information for the bros here. I researched further and confirmed with my SE - that the roof rack option is not practically feasible in Singapore. The roof rack mounting and roof box installed will result in overall car height to exceed 1.9m - therefore you cannot drive into any HDB carparks. Just in the off chance you need to park somewhere in a HDB multi-storey car park, this is definitely a no-no and will also impact on your resale value. 

Just a further update and more for information for the bros here. I researched further and confirmed with my SE - that the roof rack option is not practically feasible in Singapore. The roof rack mounting and roof box installed will result in overall car height to exceed 1.9m - therefore you cannot drive into any HDB carparks. Just in the off chance you need to park somewhere in a HDB multi-storey car park, this is definitely a no-no and will also impact on your resale value. 

1. Perhaps installing of roof box does hit the height limit of 1.9m, but definitely not the roof racks. I had it installed and can go into any MSCP. Only when I have my bikes mounted above that I need to remember to remove them first before going into the car park.

2. I dun know what rubbish from SE about impacting resale values. The roof racks are not permanent features and you can always remove them and your car will go back to showroom conditions, especially for B-class which we do not need the racks to grab to the body as we have mounting holes included already.

probably a case of the SE not wanting to go through the trouble of indenting and installing for me at C&C. Additional work for him I guess. Anyways, its a good exercise for me to go through so as to be more aware of what I can explore for my new ride  :D

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone, just got my car registered and collecting the car in few days time. I notice my b180 OMV is $25,163 and ARF is $22229. Curious are these very different from car registered before 1st July and before CEVS rebate changes. Anyone can share their OMV and ARF?