• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2015 FL B-Class

denwee

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what are the standard T&C's for placing car order? What happens if I want to cancel my booking? Should I do it before the COE is secured?

Any experts can help. Thanks

It depends on when you signed the purchase agreement. Within 3 days, I think it is covered under government consumer law that they have to return you the full payment - some admin charges. After 3 days, you will lose your deposit if you cancel your order (I think about ~10k?). If COE has been bided, you will lose your deposit + paying the full price of your COE since the COE is in your name.

Thank you Silverkris!

I was just told that all B class manufactured in year 2015 comes default with 7" head unit. Only cars that opt for keyless entry and factory reverse camera will have 8" head unit. This is unlike the earlier batch which comes default in 8". You will now have to top up $1900 in order to get 8"!!

For potential buyers out there, please clarify this with your SE and make sure you don't get surprise. You should be able to use this and ask for more discount if your SE did not highlight this to you. Please also share if you hear otherwise.

• Like 1

Thank you Silverkris!

I was just told that all B class manufactured in year 2015 comes default with 7" head unit. Only cars that opt for keyless entry and factory reverse camera will have 8" head unit. This is unlike the earlier batch which comes default in 8". You will now have to top up $1900 in order to get 8"!!

For potential buyers out there, please clarify this with your SE and make sure you don't get surprise. You should be able to use this and ask for more discount if your SE did not highlight this to you. Please also share if you hear otherwise.

I don't quite understand this. Even now if you go and view their website: www.mercedes-benz.com.sg, they still put TFT display 20.3cm (8-inch) as standard equipment for B180 (no top up under configurator). In my opinion, this is one of the most important features for the FL B-Class as it is not only the size, but the seamless display without the thick borders (ipad quality) that stands out the most.

But for keyless entry and factory reverse camera options to come in at $1900, that is a steal as the last time I was quoted, only the keyless entry (NOT keyless start - you still need the key!!!) already costs me another $1900.

And regardless of which year the B-Class is manufactured in, there is no default options. All equipment are hand-ticked by C&C and place their orders to Germany. That is why different regions have their own "default" configurations. I think Australia "default" options already have digital aircon controllers and rear aircons for all B-Class.

Yup, initially I was confused too. If you go into the website and browse under Multimedia systems and navigation, section "20.3 centimeter display with TFT technology", the exact text says:

"The frameless free-standing TFT display for the head unit provides superb colour graphics in an even larger format. The 20.3 centimetre (8 inch) screen size is 2.5 centimetres (1 inch) larger than the standard-specification display. Standard equipment in conjunction with COMAND Online."

Go to Audio 20 CD section, the exact text says "High-resolution TFT colour display with a 17.8 centimetre screen, optionally a 20.3 centimetre screen".

It means all B class which comes default with Audio 20 will only have 7" screen. User who choose to upgrade to COMAND Online will have 8" as standard. My SE is offering me 8" screen if I choose Reverse Camera ($1300) and Keyless Go Starting Function ($600). I guess owners who got the earlier batch with 8" standard are lucky!

So fast changed specs ?

- March shipment/April delivery FL B-class; YOM 2014.

- Audio20 screen is 8"

- reverse camera local installed, so no guide lines on screen (that's what SE told me when I asked why no lines)

So YOM2015 smaller screen ?

So fast changed specs ?

- March shipment/April delivery FL B-class; YOM 2014.

- Audio20 screen is 8"

- reverse camera local installed, so no guide lines on screen (that's what SE told me when I asked why no lines)

So YOM2015 smaller screen ?

Yes, according to what my SE told me. YOM 2015 now standard 7" screen, another trick for C&C to maximize profit from car. :growl:

I thought reverse camera is a standard; paying S$1,300 is very expensive

the $1.3k option is atas one .. dynamic lines that moves

but I happy with my free one .. lines no move my eyes move can liao

i was told by SE that it's a single audio CD for current standard package. No more 6-disc CD changer. 7inch head unit

If I'm not wrong, the 6 disc changer package is for COMAND Online only, NA for Audio20.