• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Stinky air con

It's time for aircon filter change if this has not been done yet.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

It's not normal to have stinky aircon.  Change your aircon filter into a charcoal one should help. 

Mine also developed this recently.  I parked it under the sun (usually it is parked under shade) for 2 straight days in a row without driving it.  The smell went away after that.

it will get trapped in the filter and start to breakdown. that's when you get funky smells...

Also, imagine chemicals circulating inside cabin while the occupants are inhaling the air...

Apart from changing the aircon filter, i usually turn the aircon blower to high and set to heater mode(>30degree) to heat up the coil once awhile. You will observed a lot of condensate being drain out. It helps to remove the foul smell at least for mine.

Will try this too! Thanks!

Apart from changing the aircon filter, i usually turn the aircon blower to high and set to heater mode(>30degree) to heat up the coil once awhile. You will observed a lot of condensate being drain out. It helps to remove the foul smell at least for mine.

How is this condensate being drained out?  Where does it get drained out?  Thanks.

I also like to place a dehumidifier ( those cheap ones you buy frm guardian) , to absorb excess moisture.... Also stop using car perfume....

yea... bro bravo is correct. stop using car perfume.. i mean, perhaps for merc?

didn't have such wonderful exp in other cars...

as all the above brothers stated... as time pass, somehow the perfume kanna suck and STUCK at the air con filter, and stays there to rot. until times pass.....wah gao lat, the smell. lol.

like socks not dry, blow out the air.

hahaha...

experience in the current c class..

miliage 45k . till date.. i've replaced x3 air-con filter liao... bloody hell......

i send to cnc servicing, and told them abt the smell thing, send in the car specially for this issue for 1 day. next day get car, i change air-con filter straight away. thats was at 30k + / -.

my 45k servicing, i ask the SA smell.. he faint. so wash again. thereafter i change the air con filter immediatly again. (this time rd, i remove all car perfume etc...)

till date, so far so good. a few thousands km liao.

yea... bro bravo is correct. stop using car perfume.. i mean, perhaps for merc?

didn't have such wonderful exp in other cars...

as all the above brothers stated... as time pass, somehow the perfume kanna suck and STUCK at the air con filter, and stays there to rot. until times pass.....wah gao lat, the smell. lol.

like socks not dry, blow out the air.

hahaha...

experience in the current c class..

miliage 45k . till date.. i've replaced x3 air-con filter liao... bloody hell......

Yes it's the socks-not-dry smell! Haha!

But I have never experienced this in my Japanese cars, I have car perfume in them too. Weird.....

Yes it's the socks-not-dry smell! Haha!

But I have never experienced this in my Japanese cars, I have car perfume in them too. Weird.....

I read somewhere or someone told me (can't remember which is which) that there is a difference between the Jap and Conti car aircon system hence Conti cars are more prone to getting stinky smell.

Since we are on this topic, has anyone tried charcoal aircon filter before?  How is the difference?

I read somewhere or someone told me (can't remember which is which) that there is a difference between the Jap and Conti car aircon system hence Conti cars are more prone to getting stinky smell.

Since we are on this topic, has anyone tried charcoal aircon filter before?  How is the difference?

If really kena the smelly air from air-con blower, a way to rectify is to change the air-con filter or internal air filter. cost less than $100 but it surely does the job for me.

Had and tried charcoal....doesnt seem to be effective. Tried the Sonax disinfect vapour treatment too. all these are temporary. Changing the internal air filter and stop using those clip-on air freshener really helps moving forward,

• Like 1