• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW C CLASS LAUNCH - W205

Westlake

Buying from PI fetch a lower resale in future too...

Another pt to note... Unless drive till scrap..

Something which I don't understand, once warranty expire most will service and repair car outside, so it is as good as a PI car after 3 years...so is there really such a big diff ('till scrap'). For me, if I'm looking for a 4-5 year old car, I am ok with PI's car as long as condition is good and price is reasonable

• Like 4

You're dethpicable. 

Something which I don't understand, once warranty expire most will service and repair car outside, so it is as good as a PI car after 3 years...so is there really such a big diff ('till scrap'). For me, if I'm looking for a 4-5 year old car, I am ok with PI's car as long as condition is good and price is reasonable

I think if selling to direct buyer, PI or AD model may not make much diff.

but if trade in to PI or AD... think they will take chance to nego down the price.

End of the day... buy low.. sell low. .. but for cars... buy high. . Also sell low. .

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

End of the day... buy low.. sell low. .. but for cars... buy high. . Also sell low. .

sometimes, sell no....meaning still have to topup....sigh....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Make sense too.. I dunno much for older cars as my oldest less than 5 yrs.. Still dealer eat few k lesser due to PI car..

All the shit and crabs from them.. Minor accident before also minus here and there..

I just test drove the C180. I have to say the driving is nice. the C180 has enough horses for a good sprint when needed. Feels bigger inside compared to the previous C class. Finishings and details are nice.

But somethings that put me off. For all the electronics and supposed to be pretty advanced for this car, i still have to manually shift my seat forward and backward. Felt like i was going back to the stone age. Even my Hyundai car is fully electronic for driver's seat adjustment.

the car is supposed to have some I-stop technology (can't remember the name of Merc tec). It supposedly cuts the engine when car is braked at traffic light, something which most newer cars have now. But when i test drove it, it was only after about 15mins of driving did the tech became 'on'. The sales man said this was something about the car needing some time before the tech could become activated. This is damn perplexing???? My father in law has the new mazda 6 and this new tech is immediately active the moment the car engine is on. So hearing this was like.. 'are you serious? Merc tech is lower than other car brands?'

Also points which put me off was the fact that even for basic option, the car comes with synthetic leather, no GPS (want GPS need to pay 10k for command on line system for bigger screen)? Abit shocked that these items aren't basic for such a car brand.

Dunno if the PI option comes with better basic features?

The Eco function is active throughout. But to ensure you and your passengers comfort, it will kick in only when the desired cabin temperature and other conditions are met. ( the old birds pls correct me if I'm wrong)

I was toying with the idea of upgrading to c200 for the motorized seats and nappa leather. But Nappa leather although breathes better, is not the most child friendly. merc artico leather sibei durable. My w204 leather is slightly soiled after 5 years but minimal creases.

command operates differently frm the base audio 20. Agreed very x.. But the navi might just come in a GARMIN SD CARD or better still ( fingers crossed) Airplay.

PI specs are always better. As in other brands too.

Anyway I almost signed for the new mazda 6. Nice ride and exterior...

The Eco function is active throughout. But to ensure you and your passengers comfort, it will kick in only when the desired cabin temperature and other conditions are met. ( the old birds pls correct me if I'm wrong)

I was toying with the idea of upgrading to c200 for the motorized seats and nappa leather. But Nappa leather although breathes better, is not the most child friendly. merc artico leather sibei durable. My w204 leather is slightly soiled after 5 years but minimal creases.

command operates differently frm the base audio 20. Agreed very x.. But the navi might just come in a GARMIN SD CARD or better still ( fingers crossed) Airplay.

PI specs are always better. As in other brands too.

Anyway I almost signed for the new mazda 6. Nice ride and exterior...

Artico is durable? Looks and feels like suede..

• Like 1

I just test drove the C180. I have to say the driving is nice. the C180 has enough horses for a good sprint when needed. Feels bigger inside compared to the previous C class. Finishings and details are nice.

But somethings that put me off. For all the electronics and supposed to be pretty advanced for this car, i still have to manually shift my seat forward and backward. Felt like i was going back to the stone age. Even my Hyundai car is fully electronic for driver's seat adjustment.

the car is supposed to have some I-stop technology (can't remember the name of Merc tec). It supposedly cuts the engine when car is braked at traffic light, something which most newer cars have now. But when i test drove it, it was only after about 15mins of driving did the tech became 'on'. The sales man said this was something about the car needing some time before the tech could become activated. This is damn perplexing???? My father in law has the new mazda 6 and this new tech is immediately active the moment the car engine is on. So hearing this was like.. 'are you serious? Merc tech is lower than other car brands?'

Also points which put me off was the fact that even for basic option, the car comes with synthetic leather, no GPS (want GPS need to pay 10k for command on line system for bigger screen)? Abit shocked that these items aren't basic for such a car brand.

Dunno if the PI option comes with better basic features?

Yes, u can customize the ride to your liking. pricing is cheaper than C&C

Ways To Grow Your Disposable Income by 5% To 8% monthly ? http://chart.mxfx.biz

Tried to check if it's worthwhile to upgrade, but with the back log of orders for the new C class, not only are the COEs climbing, but my C180K trade-in value has taken a beating since the market now has a glut of old Cs who are upgrading ...

So, it looks like there's not much point my upgrading now as the trade in I can get is even lower than the depreciation based on what I paid for it ...  :thumbsd:

The new C class are produced in Bremen.... SA.... Alabama and China..... Judging that only SA is using RHD.... I think all our new C Class will come from there.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

If your PI gets the ride from UK, then it's definitely made in Germany,

I know a PI car, non-AMG, but with panaromic roof, OMV is 43k plus, C200 avantgarde

Yes , The PI also told me so. i got a quote for C250 AMG with many add in option. OMV is ard 52k

Ways To Grow Your Disposable Income by 5% To 8% monthly ? http://chart.mxfx.biz

I might be wrong, please do not hold me to this but in Singapore, Mercedes cars, like Volkswagen cars and I think also BMW cars, are imported by an importer which belongs to the car manufacturer.  I think it started with VW after they took back the dealership from Peter Kwee a few years ago.  Daimler SEA and BMW by BMW-Asia are the importers of Mercedes and BMWs respectively.  C&C is merely the agent for Mercedes in Singapore now. 

So, as importers, they are able to 'control' their car cost, hence the OMV.  Thereafter, they can decide how much they want to sell to their authorised agents.

PI have to buy their cars from agents in UK, HK, Japan, etc.  So there is another layer of creaming.

Having said this, I have no concrete evidence and, I repeat, I might be wrong so do not hold me to this.  :)

On the OneMotoring site, you can see the 'cost' (OMV + Tax + COE) of most of the cars and the selling prices.  And then you can see the spread and then understand how and where the PIs come in.