• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

List of (known) issues

xtrocious

Hi,

I had the same aircon issue. Went to see the service advisor directly. (Don't bother with your SE, they can't do anything about it.) Initially they said the aircon issue is inherent in all the new A, B and CLA cars cos they were "made that way". But I said it is ridiculous that the aircon blows hot air at 23-24 C degrees. And it's really hot! My previous car was also a merc but never had such aircon issue. After much reluctance, they agree to check and do some adjustments. Now, it has improved. But occasionally the "hot spell" still returns. My advice is that whatever issues you have, just sent your car in for a check. It's under warranty so there is no charge at all. The important thing is that the issue(s) are logged in and recorded so that should the same happen again in future even after the warranty is over, you may have a case to support your claims.

Went to Cnc to check yesterday. SA say this model like A and B class need to set 22 to 23 degrees for local use...

Will monitor if got the hot air issue again...

• 3 weeks later...

No issue w the keys.

Try w the spare key and also change new battery?1

Tried the spare key liao..still happened intermittently...maybe just bear with it for a while..if problem still persist then must go see doc liao thanks anyway mate !

Hi all, I'm new here. Just wanted to check with all who have collected their cla, if anyone's cla has an exhaust pipe area rusting issue? I've collected my car in October and found some rusting during Cny and got it de-rust 2 weeks ago at CnC and I'm still monitoring the issue. Do take note fellow cla owners and do update if you guys have such problem.. thanks!

• 1 month later...

Tried the spare key liao..still happened intermittently...maybe just bear with it for a while..if problem still persist then must go see doc liao thanks anyway mate !

This might sound dumb but on my W204 I had this problem, so I checked around and people said to change the battery. I changed the battery but it still happened after a while, what I learned is the cover doesn't push the battery down enough to make contact with the pins which is why sometimes your key doesn't work. I changed to a thicker battery and have had no trouble since.

• Like 1

Sometimes I will feel it a little.

Another thing is when slowing down doing a turn filter. When turning at gear 3 or 4, the pick up after the turn can be quite a delay to pick up speed.

Im driving the B-class W246 and I have this issue as well.

It happens during sudden acceleration after hard braking. I spoke to my SA about the issue but they were unable to "replicate" the issue. 

On a handful occasions ive had a sudden jerk when i attempt to accelerate hard out of a turn.

I have come to console myself that the gears just dont shift as fast as i want them to.. :(

i used to whack my honda stream harder than this and that fella changed gears willingly every single time..haha

This might sound dumb but on my W204 I had this problem, so I checked around and people said to change the battery. I changed the battery but it still happened after a while, what I learned is the cover doesn't push the battery down enough to make contact with the pins which is why sometimes your key doesn't work. I changed to a thicker battery and have had no trouble since.

Hey Thanks ! OK already...finally found out the answer after changing my usual parking spot, no problem after i change to another parking lot, and out of curiosity i tried to test it and to move back to the original lot and it happened again, hence confirmed it might be the strong "radio wave" presence (installed) above the lot causes the problem :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

1. Parktronic sensor (right side)

It goes off for no apparent reason

2. Fuel milleage is bad too. Used to drive a c200 (almost always on sports mode) and it's much better. Thought CLA is suppose to be more fuel efficient. Any one with same thoughts ?

Hi any bro car have this stain on their bonnet. Haizzzz spot this round stain on the bonnet last week. This stain is only visible when you look at it at a certain angle. It is obvious during night time. I spot it when I park at the open space carpark when the light from the lamp post shine on it. when you use flash light to take a photo on it. It will appear a round shape in the middle of the bonnet.

Than bring back to C&C they also took quite long to spot it. Now they say have to respray the whole bonnet.Super unhappy to hear that because my car is only 3 month old.  Any bro here can try to take a photo at night to see wether there will be a stain on it. If possible white CLA will be the best. Do let me know wether you guys have the same round stain on their bonnet. THANKS  

post-3915-0-06294000-1401214861_thumb.jpeg

Hi any bro car have this stain on their bonnet. Haizzzz spot this round stain on the bonnet last week. This stain is only visible when you look at it at a certain angle. It is obvious during night time. I spot it when I park at the open space carpark when the light from the lamp post shine on it. when you use flash light to take a photo on it. It will appear a round shape in the middle of the bonnet.

Than bring back to C&C they also took quite long to spot it. Now they say have to respray the whole bonnet.Super unhappy to hear that because my car is only 3 month old. Any bro here can try to take a photo at night to see wether there will be a stain on it. If possible white CLA will be the best. Do let me know wether you guys have the same round stain on their bonnet. THANKS

round stain.jpeg

Could it be stain from cat urine?

My previous ride roof have it once and got stain also... Not very obvious and seems to fade away after number of washes and polish.

Hi all.

1. Parktronic sensor (right side)

It goes off for no apparent reason

2. Fuel milleage is bad too. Used to drive a c200 (almost always on sports mode) and it's much better. Thought CLA is suppose to be more fuel efficient. Any one with same thoughts ?

I did software upgrade at Cnc before for the sensors but once in a while it will also go off. Not really bother but it though. :)

Previous ride w203 c180 on sports mode is higher fuel usage for me.

Could it be stain from cat urine?

My previous ride roof have it once and got stain also... Not very obvious and seems to fade away after number of washes and polish.

No is not from the cat. They say most prob is when the car deliver from Europe to Singapore than some substance penetrate into the bonnet.

It does not cure the parktronics issue. It will still sound off as usual. The software update is to fix the software bug pertaining to the collision prevention assist malfunction notification that appear at the console menu for no apparent reason.

What the technician told me was that it was due to sg car plate being longer than other countries (which I think is just bs) and thus blocking the lower sensor (which I deemed is the collision sensor instead of the parktronic sensor based on the manual) which is scanning at 45 degree angle and proposed to shorten the length of my carplate.

However, this will also mean that my carplate will be frameless and fixed directly with screws which I think is kinda ugly. Hence, decide to live with it instead of letting them to trial an error. The technician also mentioned that this is a common issue for A,B and CLA class which I am also sceptical about it.

• 1 month later...

My car is currently in the workshop to isolate that rattle plus the harsh downshifting issue...

It's been there since Mon and I still don't have a confirmed date when i can get it back :(

Bro, what did MB say after checking your car on the downshifting jerking issue? Did they manage to fix it?

It does not cure the parktronics issue. It will still sound off as usual. The software update is to fix the software bug pertaining to the collision prevention assist malfunction notification that appear at the console menu for no apparent reason.

What the technician told me was that it was due to sg car plate being longer than other countries (which I think is just bs) and thus blocking the lower sensor (which I deemed is the collision sensor instead of the parktronic sensor based on the manual) which is scanning at 45 degree angle and proposed to shorten the length of my carplate.

However, this will also mean that my carplate will be frameless and fixed directly with screws which I think is kinda ugly. Hence, decide to live with it instead of letting them to trial an error. The technician also mentioned that this is a common issue for A,B and CLA class which I am also sceptical about it.

Yes! It's not bs! Some of the earlier PFL W212 had this problem with the number plate.

IIRC Some loosening, aligning & tightening the number plate helps!

It happened to my previous 2010 W212.

The front parktronic at times goes bonker even there was no obstruction in front. 

CNC did not alignment to the number plate and the problem was solved.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 years later...

Hi all sorry to dig up an old thread. Looking for some comments from the community.

What I’m curious about is I can “hear the gears changing” when coming to a stop from higher speeds where the gears tend to drop from around the 5th gear. Is this normal? Either I didn’t pick up on it when I got it or I’ve got some ultra-sensitive ears all of a sudden haha. No performance issues, just kinda feel uncomfortable with all that sound.

I've had my CLA180 for slightly less than 3 weeks now with less than 1k clocked. Splendid until I started hearing some noises mid-2nd week. I’m aware of the 2 - > 1 downshift at a stop, and that the tranny behaves like a manual box during downshifts. I've been driving in C mode for the most part and kinda been babying the car so far. 

20 hours ago, unkle said:

Hi all sorry to dig up an old thread. Looking for some comments from the community.

What I’m curious about is I can “hear the gears changing” when coming to a stop from higher speeds where the gears tend to drop from around the 5th gear. Is this normal? Either I didn’t pick up on it when I got it or I’ve got some ultra-sensitive ears all of a sudden haha. No performance issues, just kinda feel uncomfortable with all that sound.

I've had my CLA180 for slightly less than 3 weeks now with less than 1k clocked. Splendid until I started hearing some noises mid-2nd week. I’m aware of the 2 - > 1 downshift at a stop, and that the tranny behaves like a manual box during downshifts. I've been driving in C mode for the most part and kinda been babying the car so far. 

Mine went away after a software upgrade 

Previously, the downshift was quite abrupt and can hear the clunk sound even from 2nd to 1st

• 3 weeks later...

Go and complain and they will check if your car has the latest software

I had a bad experience once - the whole car just lost the ability to shift gears suddenly

From 1st will jump to 3rd and then stuck there plus no reverse gear 

Called for a tow but when the truck came, the car was back to normal

That's when they did the software upgrade for me