• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I need help.w204 srs malfunction service required

thequestion00

I m driving a w204 c200k year 2008 with 65000 mileage.I have a problem with the srs light keep on and the display show srs malfunction service required.I send it to a mechanism,was told the electrical plate/board that control the airbag was not functioning and need to change it.it may cost me like 2k plus and that was pretty much..please advise..thanks

SRS can due to many factors , airbag, faulty , Airbag Inflation issue, seat sensor , safety belt and many more

yours is the electrical board to the airbag module which is not a big issue, you may still continue driving without it but think of this.

Airbag is designed to save lives and reduce our impact and hitting the dashboard. Without it , the chance of not surviving the crash will be much higher.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Just head down to another workshop and enquire. The site sponsor workshop should able to advise u.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have the same exact problem, found out the issue, Will be going to the dealer to get it fixed.

Hi all

I got this on my W204 as well, for about a month already.

Can recommend where to check this out, other than C&C. I called them and they said it could be around $2k to replace the board.

Thanks

If I am not wrong you need reprogramming after changing any airbag. Reprogramming cost $300-800 depending on Workshop.

There is a guy Vincent Teo. He does most of the Merc reprogramming for the workshop. Vincent 96185133.

He can also run diagnostic and resetting on any made. His car boot is full of diagnostic kits.

Any workshop to recommend?

Hi visit the site sponsor ws, ask them for solution and compare the quotes before proceed for repair. This is how I go about to get my car issues resolved. Dont just base on anyone recommendation. Do your own discretion.

• Like 1

yes.

1st thing 1st, to reset the SRS light.  most often than not, it will go away. (for this, a good workshop may not even charge you for this).

if it stays there, then may need further analysis. (if under warranty, can get C&C to resolve it, otherwise, if it irks you, then sort it out thru a decent replacement of parts or what).

Godspeed.