• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

curry chicken noodle

Guest flower

Guest flower

does anyone knows where the fantastic chicken curry noodle that was oppsite chinatown point has shifted to? their shop location then is now taken over by spring court restaurant.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Temple shifted but the hawker center still there. It's further up after you pass Stamford Tyre. 1st store on the left when you enter, it's a chicken rice store selling curry mee. Talk about that...maybe I should go for curry mee today.

Guest funng

if you're in the chinatown area, why not go for the one in hong lim hawker centre? its the bomb. the queue is major long, but so long i never go, should be still there. can anyone confirm?

if you're in the chinatown area, why not go for the one in hong lim hawker centre? its the bomb. the queue is major long, but so long i never go, should be still there. can anyone confirm?

There's one at the Marina Square Food Court that claims it's from Hong Lim.. well at least it's written that way on the signboard. Chicken is "pak zham gai" smooth. The curry gravy and tau pok not too bad lah. I'm not exactly a curry connoisseur hehe

Guest flower

yes still there. tried that, not as nice.

still trying very hard to find the new location of that curry chicken noodle store which was along the main opposite chinatown point, now takenover by spring court restaurant n hotel 81. its was just afew shops away from the famous "you-ji-mian" (dark sauce chicken noodle).

• 3 years later...
Guest macbenz

flower wrote:

yes still there. tried that, not as nice.

still trying very hard to find the new location of that curry chicken noodle store which was along the main opposite chinatown point, now takenover by spring court restaurant n hotel 81. its was just afew shops away from the famous "you-ji-mian" (dark sauce chicken noodle).

Wah ...totally agree with you. Hong Lim one over rated, not to say not good but not that great :)

And, yes, I know which one you talking about. Used to frequent it whenever I need to go court. Once tried to buy their chicken only to ta-pao home, they say chicken only not for sale. Their chili-in-oil kinda sauce super super good! But I think best was their chicken itself and together with their just right consistency curry - heaven!

The stall right in the middle of the shop. One side of shop got popiah, good. And also got prata, which is better than good ..... :love:

Guest jhun_4040

Hong Lim got 2

1 on the first floor and the other directly on top.

the one on the first floor usually has a longer q. imo the gravy is more mild and less spicer then the top one. very distinctive flavor if u ask me, hard to find.

but the one on top is also not bad, much more spicer, i think to suit local flavors.

Guest macbenz

jhun_4040 wrote:

Hong Lim got 2

1 on the first floor and the other directly on top.

the one on the first floor usually has a longer q. imo the gravy is more mild and less spicer then the top one. very distinctive flavor if u ask me, hard to find.

but the one on top is also not bad, much more spicer, i think to suit local flavors.

Both, to me, ok only. No where near that shop opp Chinatown point. I prefer stall on top only for reason of shorter q. Both chicken overdone, and maybe not as fresh. Their curry also not "lemak" enuff. Not flavorful enough oso and IMHO too salty.

funng wrote:

its at the renovated hong lim hawker centre

Guest jhun_4040

macbenz wrote:

Both, to me, ok only. No where near that shop opp Chinatown point. I prefer stall on top only for reason of shorter q. Both chicken overdone, and maybe not as fresh. Their curry also not "lemak" enuff. Not flavorful enough oso and IMHO too salty.

dat one so power ah, damn muz try it one of this day ~

Guest vincikwan

There are 4 stores that serve curry noodles that i know of within the city area. 2 at hong lim (1 upstairs, 1 downstiars), 1 at golden shoe carpark and 1 more at bugis (the coffee shop behind illuma).

IMHO, the one at hong lim downstairs purposly slow down the service of food to create a long que. The upstairs curry noodles now sorta expanded to 2 stores and have super fast service but still got que. Its called Ah Heng curry mee and bee hoon or something like that. Thats my favorite stall.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...