• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

PedalBox on my 2007 W245 B200 Turbo

Quiksilver

I've just received my PedalBox from Germany after waiting for 2 weeks wait. Nice little box but Instruction manual is too general. You need to have some adventure sense hence got the guts to remove components from your car. But of course I did some research on the net before doing so. Despite my effort on the research, I couldn't find what I needed hence adopted the Gungho attitude & removed the plastic panel below the steering column which also houses the Red bonnet release lever. I've attached photos of the process of installation of the PedalBox onto my car. I'd tried the 3 different modes, Sport+, Sport & Eco. I like Sport+ mode best as the acceleration is very linear. Each mode can be subdivided into +1,+2,+3 & -1,-2 &-3. I've yet to try the subdivided settings within each mode yet. After trying I'll let you guys know how I went. Hope this little tutorial isn't too confusing for all. Cheers!

Step 1: Unscrew 2 T20 Torx Screws

post-1322-0-31912600-1342523379_thumb.jpg

Step 2: Pull Plastic Panel straight down (not with too much force) making sure the Guide Clip on the far right is dislodged.I then wiggle the whole panel down exposing the Driver side Pedals compartment light & rear of OBD Connector. I then disconnect the Pedal compartment lighting connector & the OBD connector & the panel can drop further more.

post-1322-0-19848300-1342523386_thumb.jpgpost-1322-0-88417700-1342523484_thumb.jpg

Step 3: Locate Car's Pedal Connector which is at the deep far end near the engine firewall

post-1322-0-36090500-1342523353_thumb.jpg

Step 4: Disconnect Car's Pedal Connector by squeezing the 2 plastic short end of the connector. I did have a bit of trouble to get the connector catch to be released at first but after the 1st attempt, the rest are really easy.

post-1322-0-11153100-1342523347_thumb.jpg

Step 5: Connect PedalBox Connectors to Car's Pedal Connector (in pic, 'A' frm PedalBox connects to Car's free dangling Pedal Connector & 'B' will connect onto the fixed Pedal connector).

post-1322-0-13366800-1342523479_thumb.jpg

Step 6: Both PedalBox Connectors connected to Car's Pedal Connectors.

post-1322-0-06466600-1342523426_thumb.jpg

Step 7: Run Pedal Box bundled cable to the side wall and tuck them inside the rubber seal of the car as shown in Plastic Panel Guide Clip photo above. In the photo I had in running downwards temporarily. I'd changed the cable rounting to be running upwards towards the aircon vent.

Step 8: Positioned the PedalBox Controller next to the aircon vent.

post-1322-0-71091000-1342523363_thumb.jpg

Here's the Nice Shiny Box & a close up of the PedalBox Connectors

post-1322-0-03333200-1342523371_thumb.jpgpost-1322-0-74857800-1342523335_thumb.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy this little tutorial & please pardon me for my dusty car :phew: .

• Like 1

brave man! don't mind me asking how you you paid? this is similar to the pivot throttle controller, yes?

Thanks snsd555! Did you mean how did I pay or how much the PedalBox cost me? I'd a looked at Pivot's Throttle Controller on their website & their functions are similar to PedalBox. The only difference is that the physical hardware are different and the Pivot comes with LED display and cost a bit more.

I paid about 201 Euros (171 for PedalBox & 30 for postage). The ticketed price on their website is 206 Euros but because you & I are not in the EU countries, we get 20% VAT Off the ticketed price. Cool huh?

If any of you guys are interested, the website is www.pedalbox.com. It's mother company is DTE Systems Chiptuning. They also sell tuning boxes but I chosed RaceChip as they have higher performance figures comparing to DTE Systems. I hope these infos do help those who are interested in any of the PedalBox or Tuning boxes.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I've got the same device in my car, really nice device to have.

Thanks snsd555! Did you mean how did I pay or how much the PedalBox cost me? I'd a looked at Pivot's Throttle Controller on their website & their functions are similar to PedalBox. The only difference is that the physical hardware are different and the Pivot comes with LED display and cost a bit more.

I paid about 201 Euros (171 for PedalBox & 30 for postage). The ticketed price on their website is 206 Euros but because you & I are not in the EU countries, we get 20% VAT Off the ticketed price. Cool huh?

If any of you guys are interested, the website is www.pedalbox.com. It's mother company is DTE Systems Chiptuning. They also sell tuning boxes but I chosed RaceChip as they have higher performance figures comparing to DTE Systems. I hope these infos do help those who are interested in any of the PedalBox or Tuning boxes.

I'd pulled up the Pivot Throttle flyer from http://www.pivotracing.com/files/1995247/uploaded/3-drive_catalog-e.pdf & was surprised Mercedes isn't listed as a compatibe car make!!!!

I believe the hardware is the same, Hannson does his own programming and software.